Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary fire adverts!

Default Scary fire adverts!

Anyone remember these? There would be a spooky deep male voice saying "Fire kills. Think about it". I'm sure there was one with a caveman and cavewoman? And one brought out around Christmas that showed a tree/presents burning - scared me witless when I was little!!

Default Re: Scary fire adverts!

They're the kinda of adverts/things that can scare you erm witless as a kid, like the water advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2-WERCiOQo
    Dont think you can get scarier than this, believed to be from 1981, however, it does get the message over to stop children playing with matches.

aaaaaaaaargh I've found it - people not born in Scotland may not have seen it *shudder*, that scream at the end....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIw_wmlK91M

The logo that went with the slogan 'fire kills, think about it' was scary enough. It was a person with their head on fire!

The logo that went with the slogan "fire kills, think about it" was scary enough. It was a screaming person with their head on fire!

I think we've mentioned fire PIFs elsewhere.

I remember one about playing matches where a boy manages to lock himself in a shed full of imflammable substances to mess about with matches, & when things started to catch light he couldn't get out.

The same one featured a girl doing a similar thing, & there was a slo-mo shot of a doll's face melting after a match was dropped on it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

There was one where a guy was dashing around his house trying to stop fire risks, haunted by the most demonically spooky female voice gleefully encouraging dangerous situations to get out of control and consume the home in flames. I think the voice was meant to be of fire itself, but it sounded horribly evil, like something out of 'Dr.Who'. In the end, the guy wakes up in a cold sweat- it's all been a dream. He makes to light a cigarette to calm his nerves, but just before he strikes a match you here that voice again- "naughty nauuughtyyy!" it giggles. Whichever actress did that voiceover was brilliant at being sinister.

Fire can't be condemned as inherently evil, mind you- if it didn't exist none of us would be here, there'd be no Sun, for one thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Trickyvee View Post
    The logo that went with the slogan 'fire kills, think about it' was scary enough. It was a person with their head on fire!
    Just bumping this because I've been looking for this 'flaming head' logo and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Can anybody else remember it? Would be great if somebody could dig it up. It definitely went with the "Fire kills, think about it" slogan as I remember seeing a poster with both on.
    1976 Vintage

This is the PIF that scared the **** outa me as a youngster: