Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scary fire adverts!

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Before fairly lights came along people actually used to fit candles to their trees, my old girlfriend's Mum had some of the clip still, which were probably inherited from an older relative from Germany.

I remember Greater Manchester Fire Brigade had a mascot called Welephant (a red elephant in a fireman's uniform) who used to appear in some information films, normally shown around bonfire night at school, as well as on TV.

The slogan "Matches matches never touch, they can hurt you very much" was used on one of them.
    Is my post not visible ??

Serious question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Before fairly lights came along people actually used to fit candles to their trees, my old girlfriend's Mum had some of the clip still, which were probably inherited from an older relative from Germany.

I remember Greater Manchester Fire Brigade had a mascot called Welephant (a red elephant in a fireman's uniform) who used to appear in some information films, normally shown around bonfire night at school, as well as on TV.

The slogan "Matches matches never touch, they can hurt you very much" was used on one of them.
      Weliphant was a mascot (someone in a red costume and a yellow fightfighters' helmet) who used to do the publicity for the "children with burns ending up in hospital", stuff in the 1980s, usually Great Ormond Street and other children's hospitals.

Not to be confused with the BBC Cymru programme Telifant.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Is my post not visible ??

Serious question

Sorry I forgot to click reply with quote.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Scary fire adverts!

Sorry I forgot to click reply with quote.
          Its just that some posts don't always show for me .. occasionally my posts seem to disappear and come back as well .. very odd

Comment

Working...
          X