One thing you miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing you miss

One thing I miss on a frosty morning or a chilly night is a roaring open fire could not beat it

Re: One thing you miss

Our first little house was a tiny terraced cottage in a Lincolnshire village with a coal fire, i'd be hoarding logs in the shed from late summer thru autumn for wintertime. Lovely smell of apple logs burning and a few logs on the hearth to go on next. Fond memories.

Comment

One thing i miss is how neighbours bothered with each other.

They visit each other and look out for each other.

Spend time in each others houses.

I speak from experience of seeing neighbours in my mums house when growing up.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No fun being first up tho' and having to get the coal from the outside Coal bunker....and trying to light it ;-)

Comment

sorry wrong post above - I miss playing football in the freezing school yard before the majority of pupils had arrived -great fun and yard to yourselves (about 10 of us)....played some of my best games that time.
          And the tuck shop visits later in day ;-)

Comment

Guaranteed warm springs and summers and less rain

Comment

Almost everyone mentions summers being better when they were younger but I remember lots of rainy ones.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                Almost everyone mentions summers being better when they were younger but I remember lots of rainy ones.
                Summer of 1976 no rain for about 5 months

Comment

I know about that one, but it was exceptional.

1990, 1994 & 1995 were hot ones, with hosepipe bans being brought in.

Comment

I miss those Potato Puffs and the 5 flavoured Fry's Cream bars ....

Oh and the old type Old Jamaica chic bar ...

Comment

I wish they'd show the 70's drama series of The Brothers and the Onedin Line ( plus Robinson Crusoe ) .

Comment

BBC 2 have been repeating The Pallisters & it's always worth keeping an eye on Drama & Yesterday's schedules for some oldies being reshown.

Comment

Theyve shown the onedin line a lot over the yrs repeats of it on itv 4.

One thing i miss are the long dr who stories anything from 4 to 7 parters of 24 mins and the cliffhangers.

Originally posted by zincubus View Post
                          i wish they'd show the 70's drama series of the brothers and the onedin line ( plus robinson crusoe ) .
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                            Our first little house was a tiny terraced cottage in a Lincolnshire village with a coal fire, i'd be hoarding logs in the shed from late summer thru autumn for wintertime. Lovely smell of apple logs burning and a few logs on the hearth to go on next. Fond memories.
                            I have to admit as a young lad we lived in the Countryside in a Cottage and had such a lifestyle as too

Great day's what I miss indeed

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                              Guaranteed warm springs and summers and less rain

Yeah, I remember it being roasting outside at Easter time. I'd be out playing in my shorts and t shirt during the Easter holidays. Last night I had to close my bedroom windo because of an icy wind. An icy wind in July and people still deny climate change. I wonder if people will still be denying climate change when we have no crops because we don't get any sun anymore?

Comment

Working...
                              X