Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One thing I dont miss

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
    Izal I use to have to buy it for my Nan. Never understood why she would want it. Horrible stuff.

Izal, I didn't know that stuff had a name. We used to just call it tracing paper bog-roll. I remember getting caught short and my parents were out doing the shopping, they would have brought in something nice like Andrex. The only option was that tracing paper nastiness. I used a newspaper instead, it really was the better option.

Comment

I think we always had Izal in the toilets at school. At home, softer stuff, but not Andrex as it was considered too expensive around here.

Comment

Izal Medicated, IIRC...
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

i liked the power cuts and snowy winters....what don't I miss ? The casual racism never sat well with me but on a lighter note, the food was largely hodrrid,

Comment

Yes indeed.
            Not i think of it not seen either on tv for a very long time.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            beauty contests miss world
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What a pain it was trying to get to the bank before it closed in the days before cashpoints.

Comment

Queing up for bread when we had that heavy snowfall January 1982

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                  What a pain it was trying to get to the bank before it closed in the days before cashpoints.
                  I remember my parents having to go to the only one in town before shopping somewhere that didn't take cards.

Our local shoe shop only took cheques & cash.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Queing up for bread when we had that heavy snowfall January 1982
                    I had to walk about a mile in each direction to get paraffin for our heater 'cause the central heating couldn't cope!

Comment

I agree about banks. The ones in our town used to close around 4.30pm and were shut on saturdays, so it wasn't easy to actually get money out before cash machines. It is one of the reasons I started a building society account as they did open saturday mornings.

Comment

My parents once had to pay for some gardening work in cash on a Saturday, & the only way to do so was to take out some money from the building society, which was still open.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                          Izal, I didn't know that stuff had a name. We used to just call it tracing paper bog-roll. I remember getting caught short and my parents were out doing the shopping, they would have brought in something nice like Andrex. The only option was that tracing paper nastiness. I used a newspaper instead, it really was the better option.
                          Virtually unusable, until you learned that you scrunched it up first before you used it.

Even then, it was awful stuff and now I know it had a name

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                            Virtually unusable, until you learned that you scrunched it up first before you used it.

Even then, it was awful stuff and now I know it had a name
                            Dreadful Toilet Paper

Comment

Dreadful Toilet Paper
                              Razor-bum!

Comment

Especially if you had a job and you could not get in to the bank in time.

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                                what a pain it was trying to get to the bank before it closed in the days before cashpoints.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X