Remembering Valentines day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Valentines day

As it is Valentines day today how about going down memory lane.

I remember girls in comprehensive used to send cards as a joke but I never did it
    They used to put those soppy versus

Roses are red violets are blue etc

But they never use to sign the cards it was always guess who

Re: Remembering Valentines day

Valentines day never really interested me.

U dont need valentines day to send gifts to your other half.

In a way i think its a waste of money sending cards to people if ur not with them.

I cant remember when i was in school people sending each other cards as a joke but im sure they did.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No way did I waste money on boys.the first valentine I received and gave was to my husband

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        As it is Valentines day today how about going down memory lane.

I remember girls in comprehensive used to send cards as a joke but I never did it
        They used to put those soppy versus

Roses are red violets are blue etc

But they never use to sign the cards it was always guess who

Your post almost rhymed - how romantic!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Valentine's day has its origin in the Roman feast of Lupercalia, which was held in February, but the modern day version was invented in the United States during the 19th century purely as a means of making money.

Comment

There is a welsh valentines day too which is celebrated on 25th January same day as the scots celebrate Robert Burns.Only a few years ago that I heard about it

Comment

i buy my wife flowers all the time so I rarely bother with valentines day though I will usually buy her a card and Im not allowed to buy her chocolate (she likes it but is always on some stupid diet)

When I was younger I would buy stuff if I had a girlfriend at the time and was lucky enough to get cards etc sent to me occasionally (because I was devilishly handsome ....... not so much now though )
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Cant say id heard of either until you just mentioned it mate.

So wales and scotland have there own as valentines day as well as the one we know on feb 14th.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                there is a welsh valentines day too which is celebrated on 25th january same day as the scots celebrate robert burns.only a few years ago that i heard about it

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  Cant say id heard of either until you just mentioned it mate.

So wales and scotland have there own as valentines day as well as the one we know on feb 14th.
                  Its called St Dwynwen patron saint of lovers.

The scotch celebrate Robert Burns which is known as Burns night dont think that has anything to do with valentines day

Comment

Remember being very upset on Valentine's Day at age 8 when I was one of only two girls in the class who didn't get a Valentine - the other one was a girl who got bullied because she was an Irish Traveller and lived on a camp site. I didn't actually like any boys (as it turned out I'm a lesbian ...) was just disappointed at being singled out as the "unattractive" one and subsequently made fun of for not getting any Valentines!

Comment

Wow u have a good memory to remember that.

When i was at school i dont think we sent each other valentines cards well not at primary school anyway.

I can imagine u being a bit upset tho..

Originally posted by screamqueen View Post
                      remember being very upset on valentine's day at age 8 when i was one of only two girls in the class who didn't get a valentine - the other one was a girl who got bullied because she was an irish traveller and lived on a camp site. I didn't actually like any boys (as it turned out i'm a lesbian ...) was just disappointed at being singled out as the "unattractive" one and subsequently made fun of for not getting any valentines!

Comment

If you are single, just think of it as being another day - after all, it's not quite Christmas Day, is it? - who cares if no one sends you a card?

I wonder whether the postman will deliver me anything in the post today, even if it is a bill?
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes just another day dont bother with cards anymore.I remember getting engaged on Valentines day 35 years ago I dont even like red Rose's no I couldn't care less anymore been there,nice for romantic pairs though

Comment

Don't think I ever received a Valentine's card. Maybe one from the 2nd Mrs PW, but nowt before that.

Comment

There was a guy 2 customers in front of me In the queue at morrisons,he had a bouquet a red rose card and a gift card for his sweetheart I thought that was nice

Comment

Working...
                              X