Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! I think it was called Grand Canyon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! I think it was called Grand Canyon.

Back in the 1970s, I think it was c.1974, my parents bought me a toy for Christmas. I think it was called Grand Canyon.
    I will give a description. It consisted of four lengths of red plastic tracks. Four plastic "stone" towers, filled with water to aid weight and balance. These were at different heights. On top of two of these towers, a plastic u shaped fully enclosed section of track was screwed on. There was a cable car, coloured red, that actually ran on a length of steel rod. This cable car's rod, was connected to two pieces screwed on to the top of the two other towers. A small matchbox type car was supplied. To make the cart go around, there was a black plastic spring loaded "booster."

I will describe how the toy worked. Pulling the red lever back on the booster, push the car into the back of the booster. It was then "boosted" extremely fast up to the U-turn on the highest tower. It would then descend into the cable car. The cable car would then take it across to the other tower. This tower was at a slightly taller than the one the cable car came from. When the car exited, the cable car would return to its original position. The car would then descend to the next U-turn. Exiting this, it would descend to the booster, to repeat the process. Most matchbox type cars could be used.

Does anybody remember this toy? I can't find any reference to it.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Re: Help!! I think it was called Grand Canyon.

Corgi Rockets Grand Canyon

Attached Files

Comment

Sixtyten..............Thanks.....Where did you find this? Been looking for it for years. Thanks.

Comment

Ten second Google of "cable car toy"

Comment

They don't make toys like they used to.

Comment

that is fantastic - bet your mates where sooo jealous

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
              that is fantastic - bet your mates where sooo jealous
              Not really. We all had our individual toys. I can't really remember what happened to it. I think the "booster" broke on it. I had the cable car for some years after.

Comment

Working...
              X