Can I buy DVDs of old adverts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I buy DVDs of old adverts?

Just wondering - I'd love to watch some again for a trip back down memory lane! I've just ordered the whole series of "Charlie Says" and I think I'll need some light-hearted stuff to stop me being spooked LOL!

Re: Can I buy DVDs of old adverts?

Originally posted by Solo View Post
    Just wondering - I'd love to watch some again for a trip back down memory lane! I've just ordered the whole series of "Charlie Says"
    Do you mean the DVD Charlie Says witch has all the public information films on? If so I have that.

I would like to see all the Castlemaine XXXX ones and the Fosters ones again, they were funny.
    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Yep! I don't think I ever saw any of those the first time round!

What I'd *really* like is a DVD of adverts, like a time-line since TV advertising began? Do they exist? I have one (or rather my Dad has) of various car adverts through the ages, but what about all the other ads out there?

Comment

you could always look at you tube , save any adverts you like and burn them onto a disk

Comment

Be a good idea and a nice memory trip for them to release a compilation of adverts on dvd.

Comment

Go to Youtube.com lots there...
            Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

The site www.tellyads.com sells discs of old ads. But as far as I am aware, they are restricted to teachers to use for educational purposes.
              The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                Just wondering - I'd love to watch some again for a trip back down memory lane! I've just ordered the whole series of "Charlie Says" and I think I'll need some light-hearted stuff to stop me being spooked LOL!
                I know that you can buy an official DVD with some old American adverts on it. But, because of copyright law, I don't think you'll see a proper 'ligit' DVD with classic British ads on. I know there are some hokey and dodgey looking sites selling DVDs filled with ads, but I personally wouldn't risk buying off them. Try Ebay if you're desparate, or better yet, follow another person's advice and check out You Tube. I never cease to be amazed by the stuff I find on there, which I thought I'd never see again.

Here's a good selection. I especially like/recall the McVities one.

Comment

Save yourself some money and try this site...

http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/adverts/index.html

Comment

Working...
                  X