Chesney Hawkes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesney Hawkes

I always felt that "The One and Only" was a top song though it only spent 5 weeks at number 1 - I guess Bryan Adams is more remembered than Chesney from that era. Even though Chesney may have only had "The One and Only" as his major hit - phew has he got a great (really great voice) which enables him to sing any song! Singers like Chesney harp back (I think) to the days I think of a "1 hit wonder' being good and remembered on their merit How on earth too Chesney has managed to not look middle aged too is beyond me!! Put simply for me - yeah Boyzone, Take That etc - all very good singers - but Chesney summarised the 1990s perfectly as one of the earliest Solo Male Singers of such a strand 80sChav

Re: Chesney Hawks

Chesney had a follow-up song called I'm A Man Not A Boy which got to number 27 though it seemed to have lots of airplay.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Chesney Hawks

My best friend at school was a massive fan, so we queued up for over an hour when he did a record signing at Woolworths. We then followed him to the local radio station where he was doing a live interview. He also starred in the film Buddy's song in 1991
      Heather

Comment

Re: Chesney Hawkes

I don't remember Buddy's song when it was at the cinema, but saw it on TV a few years later.

It was quite good, with the usual troubles of breaking into the music business generating a fair bit of drama.

Comment

I remember the video of 'The One And Only' was played a lot on MTV at the time. There were 2 different videos, one with a live performance and the other with footage from the film I think. I believe MTV showed the performance video more.

Comment

Yes its one song when i hear it i instantly remember chesney.

The song also was heard featured over the titles of doc hollywood.

Apparently cheSney had his own band which his brother jodie was in back in 1991.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember both of them used to appear together on shows for interviews.

Comment

Working...
              X