Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Default Re: School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Don't slap your woodwork teacher on the back whilst he is using a lathe, yep this actually happened when the class idiot thought it was a good idea, as teachers finger lay bleeding on the floor the majority of the class stood cringeing in the corner of the classroom whilst the more level headed pupils were administering first aid and alerting the nearest adults.
    The finger could not be saved and i seriously doubt that unlike today he was able to sue for a million quid. several years after leaving school i discovered the "idiot" in question had gone on to become a heroin addict and later committed suicide after a life of crime.
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Don't slap your woodwork teacher on the back whilst he is using a lathe, yep this actually happened when the class idiot thought it was a good idea, as teachers finger lay bleeding on the floor the majority of the class stood cringeing in the corner of the classroom whilst the more level headed pupils were administering first aid and alerting the nearest adults.
    The finger could not be saved and i seriously doubt that unlike today he was able to sue for a million quid. several years after leaving school i discovered the "idiot" in question had gone on to become a heroin addict and later committed suicide after a life of crime.
    Lathe?, is that another name (regional) for a piece of CDT Equipment I don't know of/am un-aware of of Tex mate?

It's a funny one - that we had was in CDT - like my good friend Mulletino will testify is we had to tuck our whole tie in the Shirt in case it got chopped in a machine - usualy too into the first button - though Art never cared for u wrecking our Ties in numerous "paint fights" - though the good things over CDT and having o that was we could do our ties "fake thin" where you tied it immensley long as an be on the proper side and just wore the thin side out or tucked in below the 1st Button if you could and showd the part of the Tie that altered from narrow to wide after the stitching as they cou;d'nt prove it was thin due to the unusual fact you was useing the narrow part for the knot that in-effect was thinner than the thin side (strangely enough). Though some hard'nt cases tucked theirtes in very lower anbd got in bother for it/through it and then amazingly years later (2000/2001) it lead to a new (to my knowledge full time trend) of and full time interpretation of wearing it at School all day as Andy and Robert did in "the Mrs Strictland era of Emmerdale"!!

80sChav

Surprised you haven't heard of a lathe Chav
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ba.jpg  
    My teeth itch and my hair is scratchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    We had to wear aprons in metal/woodwork so the tie in the machinery wasn't so much of an issue. I seem to remember the workshops also being cold all the time so jumpers were also a necessity and helped with the tie control situation, although my Pierre Cardin cardigan wasn't much cop at holding the tie in as the neck line was quite low.
    Another answer to this Mulletino mate was like me, you did your Tie thin - make it just a few stripes/CMs long - "easy as", as fat Kipper Ties as most at mine prefered if busted/clocked for thin (though i did'nt - I prefered Ultra-long proper that could be converted into fake-thin), most Kipper ties I recall became more prone to CDT Machines chomping them up - so yeah I guess that was a reason that certain teachers 9not english, Math) turned a Blind-Eye to thin!! I don't know if you found this
    tho - did you mate?!!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    Surprised you haven't heard of a lathe Chav
    I didn't watch Call My Bluff much when it was on.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Rule 768: Don't go to school for Health and Safety reasons - (well, I did go through a "school refusal" and "school phobia" phrase from Year 10 onwards).
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

If we wore Button Down Shirts like Ben Sherman ("chancing" it instead of an ordinary Asda etc Shirt and hiding "said Ben Sherman Logo" we had to have/do the Buttons down too!

Another was no Coloured T-Shirts or in-particular like Red Footy shirts showing under a White School Shirt!!

As my first Secondary gave you an amazing choice of White, Grey or Sky Blue Shirts - me being me .... I'd sure have relished the challenge to gottan round that contravention of the rules!!

80sChav