Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School Rules (Specifically Those Unique To Your School)

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Thou shalt not set fire to your mates tie with the bunsen burner
    Thou shalt not stick juicy fruit under the desk
    Thou shalt not draw a huge willy on the blackboard
    Thou shalt not drag on a players number 10 behind the bike shed
    Thou shalt not spend all your dinner money on cola cubes and dessert japs
    Thou shalt not use your school books to make paper planes with
    Thou shalt not spend the lesson trying to see up miss carpenters skirt
    A great collection here Tex my friend - what memories indeed. I don't know how you have managed to recalled all these mate!

Comment

Another one we had - was you had to either get your Dinner Tickets for the week - first thing on a Mon - from either Lower or Upper School, pending on location of "said Teacher/Dinner Lady/Bursa who was in charge that week" ande irf you lost one had to re-apply to another member of Staff ...... again at a certain time only

I have these details lodged in my "put together via Computer" booklet I have described/talked about a fair few times on the forums! The thing is without doubt a wreck and falling to pieces and has been for the last 18 years but is a minefield of info

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        A great collection here Tex my friend - what memories indeed. I don't know how you have managed to recalled all these mate!
        Mis-spent youth
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I remember after we had a new carpet fitted in our classroom, we weren't allowed to wear our shoes in there. We had to wear plimsolls that hadn't been worn outside or just walk around in our socks. Also I remember, when requesting a new school jotter from our teacher, being told I couldn't have one due to cutbacks. I was told to look back through the used pages and find space to write. I had to draw a line to separate the work I was doing from the work that had already been done.

Comment

For some reason I really enjoyed a classroom with a new carpet laid down - it felt really refreshing. Pity that it wasn't going to stay like that for too long.

Reminded me of the new portable classrooms at Infant School.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Another we had - was at Football in PE, if it was cold enough to be allowed to wear Trakkies/Joggers, they only could be the old Padded Goalie kind (and even though you had to be goalie) lol

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                We had to wear aprons in metal/woodwork so the tie in the machinery wasn't so much of an issue. I seem to remember the workshops also being cold all the time so jumpers were also a necessity and helped with the tie control situation, although my Pierre Cardin cardigan wasn't much cop at holding the tie in as the neck line was quite low.

In practicals regardless of our tie being worn thin - the whole tie thin in front of thick would get shoved in the top 2 Shirt Buttons

Thinking further/farther about the rules - I have some in a decrepid old book we got on Induction Day that 1 day I keep promising to up-load on here (as long as nobody knows the place of the school - though it's demolished now) though I dunno neither/either if they was real rules, but yeah they are a great read lol

Sadly though I may have to "Doctor" the pics of the place (School Buildings etc) to avoid any additional querries as to the place might be established as where it was and that'd be an hard task given the perilous nature of the (shall we say document) as it was made on even cheap paper then thirty plus years back with binder esq holing to feed through - that's probably none existant on the poor thing now Lol!!!

80sChav

Comment

We had to wear aprons in metal/woodwork so the tie in the machinery wasn't so much of an issue. I seem to remember the workshops also being cold all the time so jumpers were also a necessity and helped with the tie control situation, although my Pierre Cardin cardigan wasn't much cop at holding the tie in as the neck line was quite low.
                  I agree on the cold-ness of the workshops here Mulletino

We had Aprons for Art, H.E and Woodwork/Craf-work/ etc but for art it was'nt as much a "need be" I don't know why, but as you say the Tie, I found that the Apron/Jumper offered nol offered no protection!, so for practicals the entire would go in the top button if the Shirt - even if you had j done it thin or correct (with either side over either), like Andy on Emmerdale 20000/2001 (Circa the Mrs Strickland era)

80sChav
                  Last edited by 80sChav; 22-09-2019, 18:32.

Comment

It was so your tie looked like a thin tie. If you had the fat part showing behind it you'd not get the same effect.
                    Well pending where exactly - if it was showing!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

We had Aprons for Art, H.E and Woodwork/Craf-work/ etc but for art it was'nt as much a "need be" I don't know why, but as you say the Tie, I found that the Apron/Jumper offered nol offered no protection!, so for practicals the entire would go in the top button if the Shirt - even if you had j done it thin or correct (with either side over either), like Andy on Emmerdale 20000/2001 (Circa the Mrs Strickland era)
                      For Health and Safety reasons, understandably one couldn't use one's Home Economics apron for woodwork and all that - there was even a time when an old shirt would do for Art (not the school uniform shirt that you would be wearing from the start of the day of course). PE Kit was also Health and Safety as well - the right type or trainers or plimsolls - not one's school shoes.

Strickland - strict-land methinks?
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Don't slap your woodwork teacher on the back whilst he is using a lathe, yep this actually happened when the class idiot thought it was a good idea, as teachers finger lay bleeding on the floor the majority of the class stood cringeing in the corner of the classroom whilst the more level headed pupils were administering first aid and alerting the nearest adults.
                        The finger could not be saved and i seriously doubt that unlike today he was able to sue for a million quid. several years after leaving school i discovered the "idiot" in question had gone on to become a heroin addict and later committed suicide after a life of crime.

Comment

Don't slap your woodwork teacher on the back whilst he is using a lathe, yep this actually happened when the class idiot thought it was a good idea, as teachers finger lay bleeding on the floor the majority of the class stood cringeing in the corner of the classroom whilst the more level headed pupils were administering first aid and alerting the nearest adults.
                          The finger could not be saved and i seriously doubt that unlike today he was able to sue for a million quid. several years after leaving school i discovered the "idiot" in question had gone on to become a heroin addict and later committed suicide after a life of crime.
                          Lathe?, is that another name (regional) for a piece of CDT Equipment I don't know of/am un-aware of of Tex mate?

It's a funny one - that we had was in CDT - like my good friend Mulletino will testify is we had to tuck our whole tie in the Shirt in case it got chopped in a machine - usualy too into the first button - though Art never cared for u wrecking our Ties in numerous "paint fights" - though the good things over CDT and having o that was we could do our ties "fake thin" where you tied it immensley long as an be on the proper side and just wore the thin side out or tucked in below the 1st Button if you could and showd the part of the Tie that altered from narrow to wide after the stitching as they cou;d'nt prove it was thin due to the unusual fact you was useing the narrow part for the knot that in-effect was thinner than the thin side (strangely enough). Though some hard'nt cases tucked theirtes in very lower anbd got in bother for it/through it and then amazingly years later (2000/2001) it lead to a new (to my knowledge full time trend) of and full time interpretation of wearing it at School all day as Andy and Robert did in "the Mrs Strictland era of Emmerdale"!!

80sChav

Comment

Surprised you haven't heard of a lathe Chav
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another answer to this Mulletino mate was like me, you did your Tie thin - make it just a few stripes/CMs long - "easy as", as fat Kipper Ties as most at mine prefered if busted/clocked for thin (though i did'nt - I prefered Ultra-long proper that could be converted into fake-thin), most Kipper ties I recall became more prone to CDT Machines chomping them up - so yeah I guess that was a reason that certain teachers 9not english, Math) turned a Blind-Eye to thin!! I don't know if you found this
                              tho - did you mate?!!

80sChav

Comment

Surprised you haven't heard of a lathe Chav
                                I didn't watch Call My Bluff much when it was on.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X