Videos of schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos of schools

Post links to any videos of schools from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s. They can be news reports, documentaries, promotional videos, educational programmes, and events taking place at school.

Re: Videos of schools

Originally posted by Arran View Post
    Post links to any videos of schools from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s. They can be news reports, documentaries, promotional videos, educational programes, and events taking place at school.
    Sounds awesome Arran - just like I wish I could find old footage of old TV Schools Programes (though not the stuff like OU stuff)

80sChav

Comment

i

Comment

On this subject - I still can not believe C4 and ITV plus Auntie beeb (but ITV more so) have not made the old schools programmes avaliable (at least in a select archive format) as ITV are waya-head of"Auntie" in showing old prgrammes i think! That would be so good and especialy (as they often invloved Sceience/Geography) a new generation could be enthralled by them!

On top of this v "Auntie" look at how many stations ITV have after ITV21, where evenb if not for todays kids for Adsults seeking Nostalga - they cdould put them on at 2am or something crazy like the OU used to be on at odd times!! i would pay "hand and foot" for such a elite service no-doubts!

For me the biggest majory tradegy in all this - is pre-say late, late 80s to mid 90s - is that if your a youinger generation re born in 1990 you'll never have known Daytime TV with an Educational Slant from 8-30am-ish to to 2pm-ish - just like Danny on Grange hgill (abliet it was sarcastic) what he said about "being ill we get to watch all these programmes at school we'd never see" (refering to Super Ted lol)

80sChav

Comment

Coming back to this thread reminded me of one of our Deputy Heads filming the school during opening hours with a camcorder, probably trying to catch any strays who should have been in lessons. I assume that he did it in order to give an outsider's view of the school, probably in an ironic Little Britain sort of way. I am certain that we saw a few minutes of it on a white screen in the hall. This was of course, in the early 1990s when everyone was making jokes about camcorders and saying that someone will send the tape it to You've Been Framed so that Jeremy Beadle can see it.

It was also used in our Dance lessons and there was talk of the Languages department using it with our class playing the parts of being in a restaurant or café where we would order off a menu in German.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Wouldn't be allowed to do that these days!
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Coming back to this thread reminded me of one of our Deputy Heads filming the school during opening hours with a camcorder, probably trying to catch any strays who should have been in lessons. I assume that he did it in order to give an outsider's view of the school, probably in an ironic Little Britain sort of way. I am certain that we saw a few minutes of it on a white screen in the hall. This was of course, in the early 1990s when everyone was making jokes about camcorders and saying that someone will send the tape it to You've Been Framed so that Jeremy Beadle can see it.

It was also used in our Dance lessons and there was talk of the Languages department using it with our class playing the parts of being in a restaurant or café where we would order off a menu in German.
              I never experienced at first or even 3rd/5th hand George - but to make home videos (School "Home" ones back in the day was well popular indeed) I think i recall

A-last it was to do with the late great Jeremey Beadle making Video Cameras and Camcorders trendy and "in" around these times!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                Wouldn't be allowed to do that these days!
                They wouldn't even be allowed to do Nativity plays thank goodness - no more embarrassment for when they get older.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Some of the old ITV and C4 Progs would be amazing to launch into an Archive avaliable to Schools/Education Purposes for nowa-days I think (and could be a great Teaching tool) no doubts

This would be adream I'd love to see happen no doubts!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    Some of the old ITV and C4 Progs would be amazing to launch into an Archive avaliable to Schools/Education Purposes for nowa-days I think (and could be a great Teaching tool) no doubts

This would be adream I'd love to see happen no doubts!!

80sChav
                    Some are already on Youtube, especially the Good Health one about blockaboots.

The first series of Look Around You did a good spoof of them.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

One school's series they could repeat is Scene; a school drama series tackling current issues of the day
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                        Some are already on Youtube, especially the Good Health one about blockaboots.

The first series of Look Around You did a good spoof of them.
                        Fantastic richard, thanks mate - this is great news indeed

Though in a a way the ones I'd be looking for a more like old Lesson ones as I am a stickler for comparing past to present and ve versa in comparing things (in how they was done/are done) etc etc

Thanks again

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                          Post links to any videos of schools from the 1970s, 80s, and 90s. They can be news reports, documentaries, promotional videos, educational programmes, and events taking place at school.
                          When in the late 80s to early 90s schools Progs existed on BBC2 and C4, tuns of School Videos existed there as i said in the thread on it in "TV". Abliet a lot had like Science Experiments etc after the Video had cut to the School to say "Mr Blah, Blah, Blah of such a School is Teaching Science to 5th Years Today"

Why oh why all these are'nt realised for educational reasons alone amazes me as many would by them (but I guess it is either A) Privacy Rights to Kids filmed or B) theya ll got wipped)!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                          X