Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parks

I only remember when the swings slides sea saws etc were erected on top of the concrete area,now its bark or sand pits health and safety

Comment

Some of the modern parks do have great stuff though, there's one in NZ where my wife's Grandad lives that has a big wooden mouse wheel to run in and a couple of flying foxes (death slides) among other cool things.

Comment

Here's a walk through of the Rec ( park ) we used to play on as kids -- long gone sad to say, this is a model iv'e built of it....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-EeqPWLQ0

Comment

thats cool fynger.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
            thats cool fynger.
            Cheers....if you go to my youtube channel a lot more of my models are there too

Comment

I miss the spider web roundabouts. I remember some older guys wedging a plank into the spider web roundabout, this got it going at a ridiculous RPM. You'd feel it alright if you came off it then. That got taken away along with the helter skelter and the gyroscope climbing frame. I heard rumours that a kid got into the centre of the gyroscope and was crushed, so that was why it was taken away.

Comment

should only have got rid of the grroscope one then as it was that one the kid got stuck in altho accidents do happen like that.

Not sure if i remember spider web like roundabouts.
                Dont remember any parks i went to having them.

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                i miss the spider web roundabouts. I remember some older guys wedging a plank into the spider web roundabout, this got it going at a ridiculous rpm. You'd feel it alright if you came off it then. That got taken away along with the helter skelter and the gyroscope climbing frame. I heard rumours that a kid got into the centre of the gyroscope and was crushed, so that was why it was taken away.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

should only have got rid of the grroscope one then as it was that one the kid got stuck in altho accidents do happen like that.

Not sure if i remember spider web like roundabouts.
                  Dont remember any parks i went to having them.

Not sure if spider's web is the right name for it. Managed to find a pic:

Attached Files

Comment

In Beaumaris there is a park that has a nice mixture of old & new equipment, which my Niece enjoyed playing on.

Some parts of the town seem to be in a turn of the 1960s time warp, in a good way, it would make a great filming location.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                    X