Parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parks

Parks as a kid was a fun place to visit.The swings,slides,sea saw,roundabout.Keep off the grass signs.Maybe a fountain with railings around,the fish pond.The lawn green bowling,tennis courts,hide and seek in the bushes,the shop would be open in the summer for a drink or ice creams.Having a picnic,the park benches,or lying on the grass enjoying the warm sunshine.

Re: Parks

Sadly most of the parks i went to are no longer around.

One park is gone a very long time ago like at least 15 yrs and the other is not well taken care of at all.
    But yes ive fond memories of the slides monkey bars swings etc.

Could just be there for hrs and hrs seeing others on the slides etc

it seems now the p.c brigade are so strict certain things are too dangerous to have.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

One park is gone a very long time ago like at least 15 yrs and the other is not well taken care of at all.

it seems now the p.c brigade are so strict certain things are too dangerous to have.
      The park I used to go to has a lot of equipment changed but still looks like fun to use.

I guess it's better than being sued by parents.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Used to love the Witch's Hat roundabout which was banned decades ago...
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

The little park near my house used to have a corkscrew slide just like this one which was ten or twelve feet tall. Sad to say, it's long gone. Now it has the boring plastic playground equipment and foam padding on the ground. Now I have a major fear of heights but back then I had no problem going up on that slide.

Last edited by victorbrunswick; 11-03-2016, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

Now all the parks have this kind of stuff. Note the foam padding.

Comment

This looks fantastic never had anything like this in the parks i was at.
              Plastic equipment would burst probably.

I still say keep to the normal equipment.

Having a fall or a graze was part of the fun of going on swings etc.

Id many a cut knee.
              Was a bit accident prone i was.:d

looks like two corkscrew slides the yellow one and the white blue and red one behind it.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
              the little park near my house used to have a corkscrew slide just like this one which was ten or twelve feet tall. Sad to say, it's long gone. Now it has the boring plastic playground equipment and foam padding on the ground. Now i have a major fear of heights but back then i had no problem going up on that slide.

Comment

What about dog turds and broken bottles?

A local park once had a bandstand that looked like the Kremlin but it was demolished before my time.

Comment

The same park near my house was originally a vacant lot with dirt piles and an abandoned caravan which we used to play in all the time. When it was turned into the park around 1975 I was actually a bit disappointed. Now my housemates sometimes take their two-year-old daughter there to play.
                  Last edited by victorbrunswick; 29-06-2016, 16:07.

Comment

still got the parks near me. they've changed a lot though since i was a kid. they're nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      hide and seek in the bushes.
                      Talking of which.................................

But as this is a family forum............................................. ............. lol
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Yeah same here where iam.

A lot of its due to health and safety the parks are not as good as they where where iam.

Originally posted by big kid View Post
                        still got the parks near me. They've changed a lot though since i was a kid. They're nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Comment

There were two parks local to me I used to go to:

Park 1.

Had those wooden flat swings, with some plastic ones, and a set of Baby swings. It also had the tallest metal slide, where the stairs and slide were on the same side, with a metal cage at the top which kids used to climb on, the whole slide was metal and was on concrete. It was great though, you'd get some good speed up on it. There was a climbing frame, as they all were in the 70s, on concrete with broken bottles at the bottom to encourage you not to fall off.

Park 2.

Also had the same swings and a climbing frame, had a wooden and metal roundabout and a witches hat, that thing fell off a couple of times when we got a bit rough on it. I seem to remember at one point they also had one of those wooden/metal long horses with seats on that slid back and forth.

A park near my mate in Norwich had sand at the bottom of their slide, I remember at the time thinking that was odd.

Comment

The ones I used to go to are still there (last time I looked, about 2 years ago)...
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I recently had a walk in the park I used to use a lot when I was young. Most of the equipment has been changed, but I'm sure I would enjoyed playing on it if it was around when I was younger.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                              X