RIP Keith Emerson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Keith Emerson

Just heard on BBC radio about the death of legendary keyboard guru Keith Emerson.
    Desperately sad news. Along with Bowie, Lemmie and (a couple of years ago now) Kevin Ayers, the great musicians who saw me through my school days are leaving us one by one. First got into Emerson Lake and Palmer at a Grammar School, when a school mate lent me his (cassette) copy of the Trilogy album. Totally blew me away on first listen and I blew my saved pocket-money on the vinyl album the very next day. Saw ELP in what was to be their last ever concert at the 2010 High Voltage festival. A true legend. Trilogy, Tarkus and especially Brain Salad Surgery are up there with the greatest prog rock albums ever and I doubt if Keith's keyboard wizardry will ever be surpassed.

RIP Keith Emerson.

Re: RIP Keith Emerson

I knew of him for his fantastic score on dario argento's inferno.
    If uve not heard it u must cartimand.

R i p keith.

Yes its been a sad time with david bowie going as well so recently.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Looks like a potent mixture of personal issues drove him to depression and suicide. Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve damage meant his playing days were effectively over, he had recently had a health scare with colon cancer and he took the death of his friend for over 40 years Lemmy very badly. Terribly sad.

Comment

Seems he suffered terribly and with with those health issues basically ending his playing days its no wonder he had depression.

Originally posted by cartimand View Post
        looks like a potent mixture of personal issues drove him to depression and suicide. Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve damage meant his playing days were effectively over, he had recently had a health scare with colon cancer and he took the death of his friend for over 40 years lemmy very badly. Terribly sad.

Comment

https://youtu.be/3Qf52PXBKAc

KEITH EMERSON INFERNO DARIO ARGENTO

Comment

yet another one has gone. sad to hear about the loss of keith emerson. :cry:

Comment

Love EL&P
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Just "P" now...
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                X