Thread: The Rip Off National Lottery UK

Default The Rip Off National Lottery UK

Last nights draw 4,000 got 5 numbers and were only paid 15,10 less than if you match 3 numbers.What a con I would have been furious if it was me.

3 numbers -25 5 numbers 15

Default Re: The Rip Off National Lottery UK

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Last nights draw 4,000 got 5 numbers and were only paid 15,10 less than if you match 3 numbers.What a con I would have been furious if it was me.

Unfortunately this is because the 3 numbers are guaranteed that amount. The rest, including the Jackpot, is determined by the number of winners and the amount in the kitty. I haven't done the National Lottery for years. I never agreed with it going twice a week. It should have been left alone. One draw once a week, and definitely not broken up into several other draws. Another big con....scratch cards.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Since they have introduced extra numbers to 59 it is harder to win unless your fortunate to hit the jackpot.I think it was better as you said marc when the lotto first started around 1993.There was only 1 draw on a sat evening.

My parents stopped doing the Lottery after a few years, & I was in a syndicate for a time at work.

I can remember once a lot of people won the jackpot on one draw & the winnings had to be shared out.

The odd thing about that was the numbers weren't in any kind of sequence or order as such.
    The Trickster On The Roof

My dad had an odd freebie keyring thing you could shake and the red balls inside were supposed to help you pick your numbers. Mostly he just moaned about the pound he was wasting/having stolen from him/ripped from his wallet by some cospiracy whilst simultaeneously shaking it and feeding coins in to a one arm bandit. I never bother with it myself but the very scarce times I've bought a scratch card I've won my money back.

Not surprised ud have been a bit annoyed.

The lottery is something ive never done must be going near 20 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    last nights draw 4,000 got 5 numbers and were only paid 15,10 less than if you match 3 numbers.what a con i would have been furious if it was me.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    Not surprised ud have been a bit annoyed.

The lottery is something ive never done must be going near 20 yrs.

Me too Darren! On reading this in the Papers I was really struck by the pay-out's so today I decided against the main one (but I still play the other games on it including the Euro - as with that you know the chances are poor at times! Today though I did something I don't usually do and went in to a Bookies and have tried the Irish Lottery and may continue with that now as it has a great name I believe (even though Bookies' Shop's make me feel intimidated and intimidate me slightly) but I have always wanted to try the Irish Lottery more and I thought well since the changes with the prizes etc wit the lotto became what they have, that a stand needs to be made as I guess many others' are too

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 26-03-2016 at 22:43.