The Rip Off National Lottery UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rip Off National Lottery UK

Last nights draw 4,000 got 5 numbers and were only paid £15,£10 less than if you match 3 numbers.What a con I would have been furious if it was me.

3 numbers -£25 5 numbers £15

Re: The Rip Off National Lottery UK

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Last nights draw 4,000 got 5 numbers and were only paid £15,£10 less than if you match 3 numbers.What a con I would have been furious if it was me.

Unfortunately this is because the 3 numbers are guaranteed that amount. The rest, including the Jackpot, is determined by the number of winners and the amount in the kitty. I haven't done the National Lottery for years. I never agreed with it going twice a week. It should have been left alone. One draw once a week, and definitely not broken up into several other draws. Another big con....scratch cards.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Since they have introduced extra numbers to 59 it is harder to win unless your fortunate to hit the jackpot.I think it was better as you said marc when the lotto first started around 1993.There was only 1 draw on a sat evening.

Comment

My parents stopped doing the Lottery after a few years, & I was in a syndicate for a time at work.

I can remember once a lot of people won the jackpot on one draw & the winnings had to be shared out.

The odd thing about that was the numbers weren't in any kind of sequence or order as such.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My dad had an odd freebie keyring thing you could shake and the red balls inside were supposed to help you pick your numbers. Mostly he just moaned about the pound he was wasting/having stolen from him/ripped from his wallet by some cospiracy whilst simultaeneously shaking it and feeding coins in to a one arm bandit. I never bother with it myself but the very scarce times I've bought a scratch card I've won my money back.

Comment

Not surprised ud have been a bit annoyed.

The lottery is something ive never done must be going near 20 yrs.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            last nights draw 4,000 got 5 numbers and were only paid £15,£10 less than if you match 3 numbers.what a con i would have been furious if it was me.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              Not surprised ud have been a bit annoyed.

The lottery is something ive never done must be going near 20 yrs.

Me too Darren! On reading this in the Papers I was really struck by the pay-out's so today I decided against the main one (but I still play the other games on it including the Euro - as with that you know the chances are poor at times! Today though I did something I don't usually do and went in to a Bookies and have tried the Irish Lottery and may continue with that now as it has a great name I believe (even though Bookies' Shop's make me feel intimidated and intimidate me slightly) but I have always wanted to try the Irish Lottery more and I thought well since the changes with the prizes etc wit the lotto became what they have, that a stand needs to be made as I guess many others' are too

80sChav
              Last edited by 80sChav; 26-03-2016, 22:43.

Comment

My dad had an odd freebie keyring thing you could shake and the red balls inside were supposed to help you pick your numbers. Mostly he just moaned about the pound he was wasting/having stolen from him/ripped from his wallet by some cospiracy whilst simultaeneously shaking it and feeding coins in to a one arm bandit. I never bother with it myself but the very scarce times I've bought a scratch card I've won my money back.
                Well, the same happened to my brother. You can try different online gambling platforms and services, but one of the most reliable is One Pound Lotto, in my opinion. Here is my favorite lotto there ( url: https://onepoundlotto.com/it-super ) which is called Super Enalotto. This website allows you to get tickets and try your luck. You can also see past game results if you need any of them.
                Last edited by melvin13K; 14-01-2021, 12:54.

Comment

I stopped wasting money on the British lottery a few years ago. That was when they doubled the price of a ticket and added 9 more balls. Robbing sods. Typical of a world where the manufacturers cut the weight/size down and then increase the price.

Comment

I stopped when I got three numbers - nothing is really worth gambling over.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Better off doing post code lottery for £10 a month draw every day

Comment

Originally posted by Durandot
                        Lottery it's a rip off if you ask me
                        Hence the fact that I quit when I was ahead.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think when the lottery first started it was really popular because it didn’t really sound difficult to win. Pick 6 numbers from 49 and win millions. as the nation got more dismayed with not winning anything there was less interest hence lower jackpots.
                          Then when scratch cards were introduced it was another Camelot money spinner. The following weeks of them being introduced saw the streets littered with duds.
                          I heard the story that Virgin wanted to run the lottery but the game was awarded to Camelot

Comment

Working...
                          X