Thread for changes over the years : sweets , toffee and choc bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thread for changes over the years : sweets , toffee and choc bars

I like the occasional Cadbury Creme egg but does twisted ones in Heroes are absolutely revolting.

Comment

Had a milky way today, or at least it was supposed to be according to the wrapper. Not by taste or texture. Even the colour was wrong.Very sickly and very over sweet. Orrid thing it was. I used to love a milky way or two.:cry:

Comment

Smarties are a shadow of their former selves. The coating used to have a really nice aftertaste, especially from the first one eaten but that's gone now. Also the pale colours are a disappointment.

i agree on the maltesers front. There was something about a box and that distinctive taste. I still like them but they're not quite the same.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

it really seems few sweets are now like they where going back 20 yrs or more.

i did try after eights about a year ago and they didnt taste as minty as i remembered.

At least they still are individually in the nice black paper.

Originally posted by trickyvee View Post
          smarties are a shadow of their former selves. The coating used to have a really nice aftertaste, especially from the first one eaten but that's gone now. Also the pale colours are a disappointment.

I agree on the maltesers front. There was something about a box and that distinctive taste. I still like them but they're not quite the same.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X