Thread for changes over the years : sweets , toffee and choc bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread for changes over the years : sweets , toffee and choc bars

Just something that's been on my mind for ages ....

I've always thought that Cadburys Creme Eggs have been getting progressively smaller over the years and now they're actually bite size ( for me anyways) .

Wagon Wheels also appear to have shrunk dramatically over the decades to what they are now.

Milky Ways certainly seem to taste different to the ones had thirty years ago .

Finally , Maltesers . They just don't seem to taste the same as even a few years ago , I don't even really enjoy them at all now and I used to LOVE them.

Any thoughts ??

Re: Thread for changes over the years : sweets , toffee and choc bars

Your hands have just got bigger ;0

Comment

HI MATE YES LOTS OF SWEETS NOW TASTE DIFFERENT SMALLER THAN WHAT WE REMEMBER.

LOOK AT THESE QUALITY STREET TUB SIZES OVER THE DECADES.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
        Your hands have just got bigger ;0
        My mouth also ?

BiteSize Cadburys Cream eggs !!

Comment

I'm into 70s nolstaga and yes your right , I miss Texan bar , space dust, picnic ,nutty bar, spangles old English flavour,super moose bar, tootie mintys ,jack of diamonds ice lolly amongst loads of others there are great books on these you may want to buy and invest

Comment

Lots of products have absolutely gotten smaller, regardless of the spin (or blatant lies) that the manufacturers attempt to fob us off with.
            As far as things not tasting the same, this is mainly due to a change of ingredients in the manufacturing process.
            Lots of chemicals have been replaced with more natural ingredients, which is good for health, but not for flavour.
            I buy a lot of food products from local Eastern European shops, mainly because they use the same flavourings, colourings & additives that we remember from back in the day.

Comment

Any other examples or thoughts , guys ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                Any other examples or thoughts , guys ??
                Mars bars used to be a lot thicker in the 70s

Comment

I would agree that generally chocolate bars have decreased in size compared to what they were several decades ago. Also, I think that chocolate thickness has decreased. Back in the 80s/90s, the chocolate on a Cadbury's Creme Egg and Walnut Whip was really thick. Now, the chocolate seems so much thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie3131uk View Post
                    I'm into 70s nolstaga and yes your right , I miss Texan bar , space dust, picnic ,nutty bar, spangles old English flavour,super moose bar, tootie mintys ,jack of diamonds ice lolly amongst loads of others there are great books on these you may want to buy and invest

Comment

My latest annoyance is Weetabix .
                      They just don't taste the same as they once used to in my opinion . It's not a case of my taste buds being faulty as they do have a distinctive taste but it's completely different ..

Comment

another change i noticed is with after eights not to be confused with mintola that became after eights which annoys me as well altho not my main point.

its the big box of them i tried them last year around christmas had not had them in many yrs and i must say they tasted no where near as good as i remembered them.

They didnt taste that minty at all i was pretty disappointed.
                        Must have changed ingredients as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          another change i noticed is with after eights not to be confused with mintola that became after eights which annoys me as well altho not my main point.

its the big box of them i tried them last year around christmas had not had them in many yrs and i must say they tasted no where near as good as i remembered them.

They didnt taste that minty at all i was pretty disappointed.
                          Must have changed ingredients as usual.

As I mentioned before we used to love the taste of Maltesers - especially the ones in the boxes but the nice taste or 'aftertaste' of them has gone completely now . Stopped buying them now .

Comment

Yes sadly thats true regarding maltesers the boxes in particular i noticed that the last time i had a box of them.

Quite a few sweets i no longer buy as they are different now.

Originally posted by zincubus View Post
                            as i mentioned before we used to love the taste of maltesers - especially the ones in the boxes but the nice taste or 'aftertaste' of them has gone completely now . Stopped buying them now .

Comment

I blame the "no artificial colours or flavourings" - it was what made food so yummy

Comment

Working...
                              X