Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Invaders

Originally posted by gumboid View Post
    The only thing I remember about this series is the stiff little fingers!!
    If you see anyone drinking tea with their pinkie out (ooh-er missus) then you should definitely kill them and see if they burn up in a red fire.

If they don't, you may have made a mistake.....

Comment

Some controversy arose regarding the sudden ending of the TV show after season two as it was deemed no proper ending had been written (unlike 'The Fugitive'). Yet the final season-two episode 'Inquisition' does stand as some kind of series conclusion where Vincent finally convinces a key figure, an initially sceptical special assistant to the Attorney General (Mark Richman), that the Invaders have arrived, after first defeating an alien plan with a special weapon. The aliens had withdrawn all their key personnel from Earth prior to its use, and the closing narration is that Vincent, Edgar Scoville, and the now convinced Special Assistant will join forces as the vanguard to watch for any return of the Invaders... Thus this episode can be seen as showing Vincent achieve his goal of 'convincing disbelieving authorities' at least, and the Invaders' plans temporarily thwarted, leaving the door open for any possible later sequel or spinoff show.
      Neither the Invaders nor their planet were ever named.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      There were 2 seasons of The Invaders. I don't know if a 3rd season was planned but ratings didn't justify it. Similar series like Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants also had no resolution at the end of their final seasons, ratings being at least part of the reason, I believe.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I don't know if a third season was planned or if the end of season 2 was meant to be the final adventures of David Vincent, but I had always assumed that ratings during season 2 led to its demise, and that a third season would have featured more allies for Vincent if it had been made. I haven't watched the last episode for quite a while so will have to refresh my memory. It seems that US TV networks are pretty ruthless about canceling shows if ratings are poor, even occasionally mid-way through a season if it is warranted. I would have liked to have seen a third season on reflection, and imo it still stands up quite well today, though obviously SFX are not up to today's standards, but SFX aren't everything.

Comment

I remember the atmosphere of the series was quite creepy, especially when an Invader is revealed, a bit like the Mysterons in Captain Scarlet.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X