Super mousse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super mousse??

I have looked on the net but can't find any info about a product called (I think) SuperMousse.It was sold in the dairy/Ice cream dept and was a small flat tub of light mousse.Once eaten,the carton could be used as a mold as it had a picture on the base.(I remember making a plaster of paris paperweight with one that had an alsatians head on it).Anyone remember these and was that the name? I assume they were Walls/Lyons maid or Birdseye. any links?
    Cheers
    Last edited by sixtyten; 29-01-2007, 16:55.

Re: Super mousse??

Yep recall these, omg this is why this place is so kool again, a blast from the past.......my nan used to buy me and my sister some of these quite regularly.

Comment

Loved the Strawberry super mousse but hated the chocolate one.
      sigpic
      Mrs Oggy
      ~~~*~~~*~~~
      Count your friends amongst the stars....
      And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

I hadn't thought of super mousse in years, and now I have happy memories of being a kid and eating it.... those were the days. And IMO the chocolate one was better lol.
        If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Nope have to agree with momma on that one, the strawberry one was way better.

Comment

Didn't even realise these were no longer around.

Comment

Rings a bell... though we were more likely to get Instant Whip, or Bird's trifle. Or blancmange, which had no taste, and the one time my mum tried making it in a rabbit-shaped mould, I became hysterical when she cut the head off. Tiresome child LOL.
              The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

The only thing that I could find is that Bird's eye do own the patent on supermousse, don't know if that helps.
                http://www.patent.gov.uk/t-find-adp?propnum=0901307001
                Heather

Comment

I'm sure Super Mousse was from Bird's Eye. The choccy one was a staple of my school years lunch at home with Mum (we only lived 5 mins away). That and watching Pebble Mill at One

Comment

Ditto

Comment

These were made by Bird's (not Birdseye) and came in a small plastic tub with a cardboard peel off lid. As someone else mentioned they also had a picture imprinted in the bottom. My mom used to collect them when I was a kid so we could pour plaster of paris in and make paperweights. I only remember there being pictures of British Birds but there might have been others. The mousse itself was nice and 'stodgy' and not watery like modern stuff you get. I remember three flavours, Strawberry, Chocolate and a gorgeous Orange/Lemon flavour which was marbled yellow and orange in colour. I think all of them when opened had a swirl of flavoured 'sauce' on the top which used to stick to the cardboard lid and was great to lick off. It was also frustrating trying to get every last bit of mousse out of that ridge in the bottom with your spoon.
                      Really wish you could still get this stuff. The nearest I can find is this powdered form which Bird's still make

http://www.britishtreats.nl/N_frame....N_art_315.html

Just add water!!

Comment

It was definately Birdseye who made mousses

Comment

I apologise...I could have sworn it was Bird's.
                          Hmmm can somebody list the flavours?.....I wasn't wrong about the Orange and Lemon flavour was I?

Comment

Nope..I remember a orange and Lemon flavour, hopefully I will have some more info on these soon

Comment

The orange and lemon was my fav. Always loved citrus ice cream type stuf. You don't see it very often.
                              Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                              But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X