Help Identify Early-90's Cartoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify Early-90's Cartoon

There was a cartoon, must have been early 90s or maybe late 80s. I never had Sky, so it must have been shown on BBC, ITV or Channel 4.

All I remember clearly is that it starred humanoid animals, one of whom was a porcupine (maybe purple?) that would launch its quills at their enemies and pin them to walls. I don't think the porcupine was the main character, just a supporting player. I think the show had some environmental theme, I feel like a big factory was connected to the villains somehow. That's really all I remember.

Does any of this spark a memory for somebody else?

This one has bothered me for years, and I remember so little that Google searching hasn't helped. I'd love to know what it was and put a name to it.

I hope one of you can help me.

Re: Help Identify Early-90's Cartoon

At first I thought it may have been The Raccoons, or maybe Ovide.
    But then Kissyfur popped into my head, & there was a purple porcupine names Stuckey in that.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I remember the Raccoons, it's definitely not that. Never heard of Ovide or Kissyfur but I've checked them out on Youtube and neither are what I'm looking for.

Any other ideas? Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Brain of Wombat View Post
        There was a cartoon, must have been early 90s or maybe late 80s. I never had Sky, so it must have been shown on BBC, ITV or Channel 4.

All I remember clearly is that it starred humanoid animals, one of whom was a porcupine (maybe purple?) that would launch its quills at their enemies and pin them to walls. I don't think the porcupine was the main character, just a supporting player. I think the show had some environmental theme...
        Captain Planet? Never saw it but it definitely had an environmental theme.

Comment

I'm thinking it's The Bluffers-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bluffers

Comment

Working...
          X