Carla Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carla Lane

Carla Lane has passed away today,she wrote tv programmes,Liver Birds,Butterflies,Bread

Re: Carla Lane

That's sad . Hopefully they will start showing her old shows instead of bladdy Fools and Horses and whatever on permanent repeat ...

I love to see Bread again from the start ..

Comment

Sad news, she was quite a bit older than I thought.

I hope the BBC dig out one of her better shows for a tribute.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

VERY SAD INDEED.

I DIDNT REALISE SHE WAS AS OLD AS THAT.

SOME OF THE SHOWS SHE WAS INVOLVED IN.

• 1969–78, 96 THE LIVER BIRDS (with Myra Taylor and others)
        • 1971–76 BLESS THIS HOUSE(with Myra Taylor and others)
        • 1974 No Strings
        • 1975 Going, Going, Gone... Free?
        • 1977 Three Piece Suite
        • 1978–83, 2000 BUTTERFLIES
        • 1981–83 The Last Song
        • 1981–82 SOLO
        • 1984–85 Leaving
        • 1985–87 THE MISTRESS
        • 1985–86 I Woke Up One Morning
        • 1986–91 BREAD
        • 1992 Screaming
        • 1993–94 LUV
        • 1995 Searching
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I used to like Liver Birds but not much else tbh...
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I loved bread i thought shifty was great fun shifty by name and by nature.:d
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I like the earlier series of Bread, but by the end the whole thing was beginning to wear very thing.

I liked Shifty, with his money making schemes such as selling fruit from a Hearse.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                I used to like Liver Birds but not much else tbh...
                Me too and a young John Nettles was Sandras boyfriend

Comment

To learn of Carla passing away is really sad news indeed. What a fantastic talent Carla was - helping to launch Nicholas Lyndhurst's Career is one thing as well as Bread and The Liver birds and of course Butterflies that I will always associate with Carla. For me Carla lunched sop many careers and could just change the type of writing like a driving wheel and all of them became great their own right - as too did the largely forgotten Lov which starred a certain Michael Angelis. Sadly I don't think Lov had the chance grow, as it was too similar to Bread them all sitting around a table and things being based on Family like Bread - but to me all the stuff Carla wrote sadly we will never see again - this is true writing that any actor can "slot into' because the scripts are so good. I doubt that we will ever see writers of Carla's class again and if so who may they be (if at all?), which really makes me worry for the future of TV in general

Rip Carla Lane

Comment

I found Lov a bit confusing, it didn't have many of the quirky things that made Bread special, so ended up almost a comedy drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      I found Lov a bit confusing, it didn't have many of the quirky things that made Bread special, so ended up almost a comedy drama.
                      It was never given a chance though sadly, Richard

I had forgot about Screaming until reading Darren's mention of t - though I seem to recall it didn't fare very well

I always thought though (but as a mega mega big fan) I guess I can't see it differently though that Bread didn't wear thin. Possibly excluding The Liver Birds I would tempted to say Bread was Carla's greatest creation

80sChav

Comment

I was surprised she wrote some of Bless This House, it doesn't seem to be her style of comedy.

I did like Butterflies when it was repeated in the early 1990s, often with my parents remarking at it being Andrew Hall's only big part, though he's had a lot of smaller ones over the years looking online.

The bad cooking & reversing 3 cars off the drive were amusing running jokes.

Comment

Very sad news. Liver Birds and Bread I really enjoyed. Butterflies was so bitter-sweet and probably my favourite of her shows--just a wonderful cast, who did full justice to Carla's fine writing. RIP.

Comment

Liked Liver Birds and Butterflies but nothing else...
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                            X