Clear All

Re: Eu referendum 2016

I am still voting out for Democracy and our soverignty

Comment

Interesting debate on ITV at the moment about this

Comment

I can't see what is xenophobic about leaving the EU? Are you saying that every country in the world that is not a member of the EU is xenophobic?

My experience of Europhiles is that they are blinkered and struggle to look beyond Europe into the wider world. Their world ends at the frontiers of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          I can't see what is xenophobic about leaving the EU? Are you saying that every country in the world that is not a member of the EU is xenophobic?

My experience of Europhiles is that they are blinkered and struggle to look beyond Europe into the wider world. Their world ends at the frontiers of Europe.
          Exactly said

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post

You will notice that I have not stated in any way shape or form whether I am pro or anti Europe. To answer your question, I did not state, nor did I even imply, that every country in the world that is not a member of the EU is xenophobic. People can have very good reasons for wanting to leave the EU. That is NOT the same as xenophobia at all. I merely pointed out that there were xenophobic posts in the thread ( as opposed to informed debate ). If you cannot distinguish the difference between the two then I cannot help you.

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
              folk from different religions hate the english far more than we / some of us hate them.
              I'm not sure this is relevant as the referendum is nothing to do with religion ...... I wish it was as I would love the opportunity to vote for no religion in the UK though Im not entirely sure how that would work

With the regards to the xenophobic remarks I'm not surprised that there are some being made (everyone has the right to an opinion) but it worries me that people are unaware which ones they are

Im also very disappointed that neither side is trying to win my vote with positives about their vision of the UK when we are In or Out , instead they are trying to scare you into voting in a particular way with the horror stories of staying / leaving

Im still undecided so that makes me a floater ........ and that sounds gross
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

" With the regards to the xenophobic remarks I'm not surprised that there are some being made (everyone has the right to an opinion) but it worries me that people are unaware which ones they are "

This is my point entirely mate. It worries me that ppl can't tell the difference too. Moreover...I think this thread is very inappropriate on this forum. I come on here to have fun discussing matters of days gone by, not to debate the pros and cons on whether we should be in the EU or not. There are many other fora where this topic would be more appropriate. It would be nice if people stuck to nostalgia and not raise political issues.

Comment

Too much hatred and violence

RIP Labour MP of Batley West Yorks Jo Cox who was shot and stabbed earlier today,think of her 2 young daughters and husband who have lost their loved one so sad.

Comment

To all the people that voted out thank you so much I am so happy and thrilled that we have got our country back

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      To all the people that voted out thank you so much I am so happy and thrilled that we have got our country back
                      thanks from me as well.

have you heard that there may be talks of having another referendum to go back in ? the folk in the remain camp and other factions are a bit upset about the outcome and want it to be discussed in parliment. wonder if the vote had gone the other way about, would this happen ?

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        As what cost? Some people are already regretting it, saying they were lied to by Leave.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          As what cost? Some people are already regretting it, saying they were lied to by Leave.
                          like they've not been lied to for years by the previous goverments.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            From what I can gather every government and every politician I've ever heard has LIED to us .

That was my dilemma the other day , which side of compulsive liars do I trust the most ....

Comment

It was:

Scotland
                              London
                              The strongly Catholic / Republican parts of Northern Ireland
                              The Welsh speaking parts of Wales
                              An affluent tract of the inner south of England
                              And a few other towns and cities here and there which are mostly exclusive places like St. Albans and Warwick or full of young Guardian reading graduates and intellectual types like Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton, and Bristol.

Versus the rest of Britain

Comment

Now we have voted out, it's going to be out....no going back. The rest of the E.U. is going to make sure of that. There was one thing I heard on TV this morning, the free movement of British people around Europe could end. I did not catch it all, just a minute or so. There is a possibility we may have to have visas to travel to Europe. Somebody asked this question, there was no real straight answer given. This seemed to depend on free movement of E.U. citizens having free movement in Britain.....Another thing that has come up, our passports. These are E.U. passports. Will they still be valid when we actually leave? It seems now this will depend on ALL OTHER E.U. STATES AGREEING TO THIS. If just one objects, our passports will be void, at least for travel in Europe.
                                Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
                                X