Eu referendum 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eu referendum 2016

Are you voting in 3 weeks.I have always said that I would be voting out and sticking by this.If we remain nothing changes.If we get out then things will change for the best I hope.Get rid of Cameron & Osbourne to start with.

What are you deciding and what changes do you want?

Re: Eu referendum 2016

Remain
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

already voted to get out. we give god knows how much money to the eu and there's nothing to show.

Comment

I've already postal voted to remain, not perfect but a lot better than the cloud cuckoo lump head thinking from leave.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
          already voted to get out. we give god knows how much money to the eu and there's nothing to show.
          All the billions giving away in aid going to the wrong hands
          Brussels dictating is the worse

Comment

I'm voting to remain. The E.U. will be there regardless if we are in, or out. While we are in it, we do have a say. Outside, we have no say at all. Outside, any trade with them will be 100% on their terms. We will also be liable to any trade levy they could impose on imported goods Etc. Too many companies in Britain are now foreign owned. If it hurts them, they will simply pack up and go elsewhere.

Border control works both ways. While we can stop people coming in, people can be stopped going out. Has soon has we start imposing visas on Europeans, you can bet they will impose visas on British people travelling in Europe. Many people will say that's OK, it's what comes with obtaining a visa. Travelling to Cameroon several years ago, I had to have a visa. There were quite a few conditions to obtaining this. I had to be in full time employment, this being verified by my employer. I must have already bought the return flight tickets (in many cases these are not refundable, or transferable). After all this, I had to have a MINIMUM of £1000 still in my bank account. This also being after the cost of the visa. I can hear the screams coming when one parent is allowed a visa when the other, for some reason, isn't granted one. Will children need independent visas?

All this talk about the payments to the E.U.. Can anybody honestly see politicians spending this money on what they say? So many new hospitals Etc..... This money will likely be spent on tax cuts for the rich.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

My hometown is Boston Lincs, English is now the 2nd language, has to be more border control and educating migrants who wish to live here of our standards, laws and lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                I'm voting to remain. The E.U. will be there regardless if we are in, or out. While we are in it, we do have a say. Outside, we have no say at all. Outside, any trade with them will be 100% on their terms. We will also be liable to any trade levy they could impose on imported goods Etc. Too many companies in Britain are now foreign owned. If it hurts them, they will simply pack up and go elsewhere.

Border control works both ways. While we can stop people coming in, people can be stopped going out. Has soon has we start imposing visas on Europeans, you can bet they will impose visas on British people travelling in Europe. Many people will say that's OK, it's what comes with obtaining a visa. Travelling to Cameroon several years ago, I had to have a visa. There were quite a few conditions to obtaining this. I had to be in full time employment, this being verified by my employer. I must have already bought the return flight tickets (in many cases these are not refundable, or transferable). After all this, I had to have a MINIMUM of £1000 still in my bank account. This also being after the cost of the visa. I can hear the screams coming when one parent is allowed a visa when the other, for some reason, isn't granted one. Will children need independent visas?

All this talk about the payments to the E.U.. Can anybody honestly see politicians spending this money on what they say? So many new hospitals Etc..... This money will likely be spent on tax cuts for the rich.
                Nice one!
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post

You are right in saying that the EU will always be there regardless if we are in or out but to say that if we come out all trade with them will be 100% on there terms isn't. The UK is by far one of the largest importers in Europe and as such we hold more sway than the remain side will have you believe. to say that Europe will stop trading with us just be cause we leave is total rubbish and that all foreign owned businesses will leave just isn't true. The UK is one of the largest economies in the world and is more than capable of standing alone. The assumption that all EU business agreements will have to be re negotiated immediate is also a fallacy, from a business point of view there would be very little change over the first 2 years and this would continue on a gradual scale. There is also the possibility that new deals could be negotiated that are better for Britain (see that positive spin)

As for travel throughout Europe it would become no more difficult than travelling to America. Most European countries are members of the visa waiver program so for short term travel it would literally be no different than it is now.

Border control is a massive issue and its important that it is brought under control, net migration last year was 333,000 and our infrastructure cannot cope - that isn't guess work or an opinion it is fact

Will it be better if we leave, no one can say for sure but by the same respect no one can say for sure where the EU is heading will it become a federal republic of Europe? if we are in after this referendum then we are in for good and lots of other countries have a say in how OUR country is run - out and its up to us which isn't a bad thing....... is it ?

I'm undecided by the way
                  Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Jay Mc, I did not say the E.U. will stop trading with us. What I did say was any trade with them will be on their terms. I did not make myself clear, sorry about that, I mean trade from our country to them. Several large companies have already said they will pack up if need be. One of these was a big car manufacturer. We don't have much of a manufacturing base left now.

Most European countries are members of the visa waiver scheme. Is there any chance this could change? It is an assumption by the out campaign that things will carry on has normal.

Immigration. Well, I'm married to a foreign lady, now a British Citizen. The government could have stopped more people coming if they really wanted to. It really has been in their interest not to.

One of my worst fears is that workers will lose a lot of rights, this could affect women badly. There are already enough employers out there that would sack a women at a moments notice should she announce she is pregnant.

I will agree to disagree on this subject and look forward to more comments, in or out, from everybody.
                    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                      My hometown is Boston Lincs, English is now the 2nd language, has to be more border control and educating migrants who wish to live here of our standards, laws and lifestyle.

If we dont get out then this will continue to happen up and down the country,putting more pressure on housing,schools,hospitals it just cannot go on.

How would you feel if your next new neighbours are illegals and criminals,would you be worried.I certainly would

Comment

got loads of illegals and immigrants near me. you should see the state of the backstreets with them dumping rubbish. they turn their own countries into a sh!thole then come here doing the same.

Comment

got loads of illegals and immigrants near me. you should see the state of the backstreets with them dumping rubbish. they turn their own countries into a sh!thole then come here doing the same.
                          In some places the local were already doing that, maybe if we can leave that can get a work or starve order.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Our once pleasant land and respect for others has truly gone to the dogs.I fear for the future

Comment

I want OUT

Comment

Working...
                              X