• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats life.

did anyone watch this show.

Bbc 1 at nine on a sunday.

Hosted by esther rantzen.

It was so funny at times but yet could deal with serious subjects like guar gum.

I loved this show.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Thats life.

I started to watch in the last few years it was on.

My Dad wasn't a fan of Esther Rantzen much, so it was a bit tricky watching it.

My Dad said it had started more Watchdog like but gradually got too silly over the years.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That's weird I was just talking to someone about the show today.

Remember the newspaper clippings sent in with humorous misprints?

Or that dog who could say 'sausages'?

Or the little kid who reeled off the names of members of the cabinet?

Ah how we laughed......

Comment

I remember they occasionally featured odd named products people had found abroad.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Some may be interested to know that E.R apparently knew just what pervy JS was up to - for decades - but for her own personal reasons she decided to keep quiet ..... she did create and fronted CL though so that's ok .....

NOT !

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            Some may be interested to know that E.R apparently knew just what pervy JS was up to - for decades - but for her own personal reasons she decided to keep quiet ..... she did create and fronted CL though so that's ok .....

NOT !
            Have a read ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...es-belief.html

Comment

we watched it. great show.

Comment

It was a staple of 70s/80s viewing on sunday nights. I used to like when they would do those street interviews of members of the public and for some reason that same old lady was interviewed nearly every week. There was also a short-lived feature where people would send letters with only the briefest or vaguest of addresses. One week the That's Life office had received a letter with just a drawing of big teeth on the envelope.

Comment

No thoughts on the REAL matter in question ??

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      No thoughts on the REAL matter in question ??
                      I don't think we will ever truly know the full story of how deep this sort of thing ran in the 70's and 80's, much like the catholic priests sex abuse scandals, the people involved were too well protected and no amount of investigation will uncover the whole truth

Unfortunately history shows that people in privileged positions abuse that position
                      Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

It was a must for us was the last thing i watched before going to bed on sunday night.

It ran from may 73 to june 94.

Id have saw the last 4 or 5 yrs.

It had a great mix of serious subjects and humour.

Originally posted by big kid View Post
                        we watched it. Great show.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Thats life.

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                          I don't think we will ever truly know the full story of how deep this sort of thing ran in the 70's and 80's, much like the catholic priests sex abuse scandals, the people involved were too well protected and no amount of investigation will uncover the whole truth

Unfortunately history shows that people in privileged positions abuse that position
                          More concerned with the founder and head of ChildLine knowing about his perverted ways and CHOOSING to do NOTHING .

She didn't even show any remorse or regrets or even RESIGN from ChildLine !

It beggars belief !
                          Last edited by Zincubus; 02-06-2016, 21:58. Reason: ed

Comment

^ back on those days it seemed that these people were known as "dirty old men" and it was kind of ignored. Just look at the Carry On Films that had older men lusting after school girls and St Trinnians etc. That doesn't make it right though.

But back to That's Life, I used to watch it as a kid, some people on it I didn't like, I seem to remember a Doc Cox or something? My favourite bits were the comedy caused by cultural differences and funny named products, I guess that would be deemed inappropriate nowadays. Later on I preferred Clive James and Tarrant on TV which ran similar spots, especially with the Japanese Game Show stuff.

Comment

Thats life.

The perverts were absolutely despicable but those who knew like ER and JSP but did nothing are also badly tainted and partly to blame in my opinion . She should have found a way to stop him I think .
                              Last edited by Zincubus; 03-06-2016, 02:59. Reason: ed

Comment

Working...
                              X