X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bullying

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Wow what a story.

Pretty shocking story you really never can tell why a bully bullies or why he is the way he is.

Itv was well known my secondary school didnt seem to care about students being bullied or could not stop it.

Seen teachers getting hit by pupils so even the teachers got bullied.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Agreed we all know guys like this (I sure did at school to) but they didn't get bullied for it

Sadly most do though - for being harmless and a bit eccentric like Billy was!

Comment

Got bullied a bit in the infants, but apart from the usual arguments etc never happened in school after that, however I think it will unfortunately always happen its just the way kids are, they don't realise the consequences of their actions at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
        I don't honestly feel there is any deterrent for bullying in schools except for the expulsion of the bullies. Even then there is a good probability it will continue out of school. Both me and my sister had it bad both in and out of school. Our parents intervention only made matters worse. I had to endure it for many years both in and out of that place. My sister however in the end got home tuition and she got so bad with it that she physically could not go to school. We both suffer from long term health problems today which started some 30+ years ago at secondary. I assume the long term bullying was the start of the problem. We got no help at all ,especially from the school.
        I think there is an answer and a quite simple one. The headteacher at the school should make it explicit to the children (and parents, no child will be allowed in school without the parent(s) having been to school for "the meeting") that any bullying will be met with the law. If an adult gets smacked and they can prove it, witnesses etc then it's assault, same should go for kids and the police will be involved. Same with sexual assault, lifting of skirts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          i cant believe it but sadly in a way im not surprised.it happens.

I cant imagine how tough it is being a teacher nowadays.

Is school any rougher now than it was thirty yrs ago.
          Hard to say.

In different ways it is Darren mate yer - but it is a tricky, tricky call!

You know my story (as do a few select others ) on here without me repeating it - but summing up (pardoning my Maths pun here) on that is that I still dunno if it is bad or worse or better these days as a lot of School's have gone total PC and outlawed even anything that resembles being jovial I here - but hand on heart I can say that I am glad I met these bullies at School (who tried to call themselves "so called mates") when the flight took their fancy, coz I know a fair few of their stories after leaving that school and yer they are not bad guys in retrospect I guess/but not people you'd wish to mix with either. If I ever had my time again "boy though would I do School differently" but these guys taught me that they are probably the most rancid evil people going who aren't even worth scrapping off the bottom of your shoe! I am fairly positive I "could" of passed them out and about a few times .... but hey it is nearly 30 years since when I was 11 to 13 and v versa and they'd never know me from Adam and me them I sense. In the main though they are probably not even worthy of Cleaner Job Status at MacDonalds - which I always knew they'd "only" amount to and without appearing arrogant (like many a person I have spoken to on Forums in similar Boats) and in real life too - yer I am not married/have a partner etc, but who has done best is often the phrase coined I think!! Versus these kind of Bullies everyone has met I think it is fair to say at least 65% of the answer is positive for the bullied guy/gal not the bully!!

80sChav

Comment

One of the worst scenarios are when a parent lets their kids get bullied at school because they have been bullied at work. They hold the view that their kids need to toughen up, be more assertive, and learn to defeat bullying at school because otherwise they will not survive office politics and bullying at work in the future.

Comment

Being bullied is what spurred Brenda Spencer to go into school to shoot everyone that Monday morning (Re. Boomtown Rats hit "I Don't Like Mondays')
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                One of the worst scenarios are when a parent lets their kids get bullied at school because they have been bullied at work. They hold the view that their kids need to toughen up, be more assertive, and learn to defeat bullying at school because otherwise they will not survive office politics and bullying at work in the future.
                A good way to mentally scar people for life!
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Its more up to the teachers to stop bullying than the pupils who are being bullied.
                  I wonder the parents who have been bullied at work did it toughen them up so they feel it will toughen up there own kids.
                  Maybe it can work but i dou
                  bt it.

In my time at school i saw some awful things even the teachers got bullied by some pupils.

Like one time in secondary school where the teachers a young lady was in trs for what was said to her maybe she should toughen up too.

it can scar kids for life bullying can.

Originally posted by arran View Post
                  one of the worst scenarios are when a parent lets their kids get bullied at school because they have been bullied at work. They hold the view that their kids need to toughen up, be more assertive, and learn to defeat bullying at school because otherwise they will not survive office politics and bullying at work in the future.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The most distressing situation - apart from bullied kids committing suicide - is when they can't take the stress of bullying any more so they retaliate against or take revenge on a bully in a horrifically violent way usually to cause permanent lasting damage to them. Revenge and retaliation is highly illegal and something that the school and the police take an extremely dim view of. More often than not the bullied kid ends up with a criminal record for ABH or is even jailed in a YOI.

It's not uncommon for colleges and universities to refuse to allow people with criminal records for ABH onto their courses even if it is a result of bullying in the past.

Comment

An Australian news article

"IF your child is unhappy at their school, there is no point toughing it out, with research showing dissatisfaction at school is one of the greatest predictors of teenage depression."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...405-3663u.html

I agree with it. No point toughing it out.

Comment

This is a subject close to me. I was, and still am, picked on. Both primary and secondary school, as well as at college. It got so bad, and the teachers never stepped in to stop it, except for the deputy head, I almost killed two of those who were picking on me. I even had so called friends turn on me and join the bully's, so I set about them too, and destroyed them. Then, they wanted to be friends again, needless to say, I told them to stick their offer in no uncertain terms.

Then, there was college. I got picked on in front of the tutors there who did nothing to stop it. So, one day I decided to take a knife with me and I was going to kill the culprit, after he offered to fight me. Then, he backed down, so I didn't need the knife.

Now, I have a serious mental illness because of it all.
                        Jeep Swenson January 5th 1957 - August 18 1997.

Comment

When I was at secondary school mid 70's there was a girl Kathy who was relentlessly bullied by a gang of toy-boy girls

Nowadays it would be at home also, what with social media giving the victim no hidey hole.

Anyway Kathy.....................................

We were both in a relationship which I reckon made life easier for Kathy. The bullies were more dubious about bullying her, though they toned the bullying of her aware of me in the mix

I gave them enough rope to hang themselves with. I told Kathy what I was doing & bought her a panic button to go into her pocket ready to press should the need arise

Then came the day Kathy hit the button. Now was my time to act

They all got a punch in the face

They threatened to report this incident to the headmaster/principle

"Feel free; go ahead and tell him" I said to them

They left it there & left Kathy alone.

In fact they ceased their bullying lest I punch them again lol

They were girls; I was a boy? You don't hit girls?

Depends on the situation
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Bullying of any sort is wrong as i had plenty of experience of it at school

boys bullying boys girls bullying girls or girls and boys bullying each other.

Bullying was very bad generally when i was at school not sure if its as bad now or if its dealt with quicker.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
                            when i was at secondary school mid 70's there was a girl kathy who was relentlessly bullied by a gang of toy-boy girls

nowadays it would be at home also, what with social media giving the victim no hidey hole.

Anyway kathy.....................................

We were both in a relationship which i reckon made life easier for kathy. The bullies were more dubious about bullying her, though they toned the bullying of her aware of me in the mix

i gave them enough rope to hang themselves with. I told kathy what i was doing & bought her a panic button to go into her pocket ready to press should the need arise

then came the day kathy hit the button. Now was my time to act

they all got a punch in the face

they threatened to report this incident to the headmaster/principle

"feel free; go ahead and tell him" i said to them

they left it there & left kathy alone.

In fact they ceased their bullying lest i punch them again lol

they were girls; i was a boy? You don't hit girls?

Depends on the situation
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrime1980 View Post
                              This is a subject close to me. I was, and still am, picked on. Both primary and secondary school, as well as at college. It got so bad, and the teachers never stepped in to stop it, except for the deputy head, I almost killed two of those who were picking on me. I even had so called friends turn on me and join the bully's, so I set about them too, and destroyed them. Then, they wanted to be friends again, needless to say, I told them to stick their offer in no uncertain terms.

Then, there was college. I got picked on in front of the tutors there who did nothing to stop it. So, one day I decided to take a knife with me and I was going to kill the culprit, after he offered to fight me. Then, he backed down, so I didn't need the knife.

Now, I have a serious mental illness because of it all.
                              I feel for you here Optimus - I had ait bad too with friends turning on me etc - though not at College and Primary mind

This is terrible what you suffered - opening up must have taken somethging - which I hold my hat out to you/take it off to you

80sChav

Comment

I copped plenty of verbal bullying at boarding school. My small size my, odd nose, my likes and dislikes were all subjects for a torrent of abuse for many years. One day I said "I have had all I am taking" So the next time my bully tried it on I stood up to him. That started a feud which would only be finished by putting on boxing gloves and going several rounds. I licked him and the bullying stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X