Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trumpton creator Gordon Murray passed away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumpton creator Gordon Murray passed away.

sad to hear this.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...-a3284851.html

Re: Trumpton creator Gordon Murray passed away.

This is really sad news. I enjoyed Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley. These programmes are now viewed has classic and leading children's television programmes. I wonder if today's children will remember the programmes they watch with the same nostalgic affection? R.I.P. Gordon Murrey.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
      I wonder if today's children will remember the programmes they watch with the same nostalgic affection?
      i doubt it marc.

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
        This is really sad news. I enjoyed Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley. These programmes are now viewed has classic and leading children's television programmes. I wonder if today's children will remember the programmes they watch with the same nostalgic affection? R.I.P. Gordon Murrey.
        They were great programmes

Comment

Sad news, I saw it on the BBC site earlier. As well as Camberwick Green / Trumpton / Chigley he provided the modelwork for a few more shows.

I'm sure today's children's TV shows will be remembered, recently I was talking to someone younger than me about the Powerpuff Girls, which she fondly remembered from when she was young.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

VERY SAD NEWS INDEED.:cry:

THOSE SHOWS WHERE JUST WONDERFUL.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

mrs Honeyman windy miller, pippin fort, bandstands, workers waltz after factory hooter, the butler- brackett, pc mc garry number.....

Comment

Gordon was way ahead of his time. He produced Trumpton, Chigley & Candlewick Green in colour before colour televisions were inv.ented

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8CFF&FORM=VIRE
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  Gordon was way ahead of his time. He produced Trumpton, Chigley & Candlewick Green in colour before colour televisions were inv.ented

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8CFF&FORM=VIRE
                  Yes they were smart enough to use colour a good 18 months before BBC2 started switched over.

I know some ITV series used colour even earlier, but were make with one eye on exports to the USA.

The colour Andy Pandys were quite early, mostly because the B&W films were beginning to wear out.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I only just spotted this thread and hadn't heard the news. Very sad to have lost the creator of such iconic programmes. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                    X