Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tell me what this old game was called

Hi,

I'm racking my brains trying to remember the name of what I suspect was a pretty obscure old adventure game. I can remember almost no details about it other then the following...

(1) It was an adventure game, not a point in click exactly, but you walked around a city picking up objects and using them. I guess it was a little bit like Everyone's a Wally or that type of game, although I don't think it looked anything like a Wally game.
    (2) One of the objects you picked up at one point was a radio and I think you had to find batteries for it.
    (3) I'm sure it was in black and white
    (4) It was either on the Spectrum 48 or Atari ST (I know, I don't even remember what computer it was on!)
    (5) and most importantly - their was one point in the game where you entered a church. Their was an item at the far end of the church. However when you started to walk towards it about halfway down the aisle your health/energy would start to go down and always got to zero before you could reach the item.

Anyone have any idea what this was called? I've loaded Spectrum and ST emulators onto my PC and searched for screenshots of this game but can't find a thing. I'm beginning to wonder if I just imagined it.

Thanks in advance.
    Roborron.

Re: Anyone tell me what this old game was called

Wild guess - one of the Magic Knight games?

eg Finders Keepers:

Comment

Hi catflap,

thanks for the replying :-)

no it wasn't a Magic Knight game. I *think* it was more real world than that. More like walking around a real city (or as real a city as you could get on a Spectrum/ST).

Roborron.

Comment

http://torinak.com/qaop#!jacknipper

That's all I can think of with exploring a town.
        Last edited by Mulletino; 11-07-2016, 01:04.

Comment

Go to Hell, was a Spectrum game didn't see it around for long.....sounds similar to what you describe....."go to hell ( based on the Alice Cooper Album ) "

Comment

Was it a wire-frame graphics style game?

If so, it sounds a lot like Cholo. I recall that had a radio to signal to a flying robot and RAM-packs you had to power up and there was a church in it. Don't think I ever managed to complete it, but recall it was quite an advanced game for its day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholo_(video_game)
            Last edited by Cartimand; 12-07-2016, 16:39. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X