Uniforms past v Uniforms today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniforms past v Uniforms today

Who remembers when postmen wore navy jacket and trousers a cap and they were smart compared to today wearing grey shorts dreadful

Nurses wore frock with white apron cuffs on the sleeves a white cap,navy cloak Now they wear tops and trousers

Re: Uniforms past v Uniforms today

I remember the postman's uniform. My uncle was a postman for many years and always had to wear his uniform irrespective of the time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      I remember the postman's uniform. My uncle was a postman for many years and always had to wear his uniform irrespective of the time of year.
      Quite a few professions had a navy blue uniform the Police

Comment

Yes ive noticed they wear grey shorts now

seems as time goes on uniforms get worse everything gets worse.
        Cant blame em for wearing shorts in the hot weather though.

Although schoopl uniforms have not changed much well the schools i went to have not changed hardly at all in the last 30 yrs.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        who remembers when postmen wore navy jacket and trousers a cap and they were smart compared to today wearing grey shorts dreadful

nurses wore frock with white apron cuffs on the sleeves a white cap,navy cloak now they wear tops and trousers
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Traffic Wardens wore a navy blue uniform,dont see them about these days so I dont know what they wear now

Comment

Traffic Wardens near me used to have a brown uniform with yellow trim, which amusingly was similar to the local grammar school's colours of navy & yellow.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Im pretty sure traffic wardens where iam had red uniforms black trousers.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                Who remembers when postmen wore navy jacket and trousers a cap and they were smart compared to today wearing grey shorts dreadful

Nurses wore frock with white apron cuffs on the sleeves a white cap,navy cloak Now they wear tops and trousers
                Indeed amethyst I do yer - some I know wear Windrunners and Trainers too

Comment

Traffic wardens in this area today wear similar clothes to policemen. I thought one was a policewoman the other day until I got up closer. Very misleading indeed.
                  I do prefer the old post office uniform. Certainly much smarter then the non-uniform of today.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    Yes ive noticed they wear grey shorts now

seems as time goes on uniforms get worse everything gets worse.
                    Cant blame em for wearing shorts in the hot weather though.

Although schoopl uniforms have not changed much well the schools i went to have not changed hardly at all in the last 30 yrs.
                    A lot of Posties wear Grey Joggers now Daz ... trendy they are and look the part too!

Re Schools - I know a lot went through the Polo Shirt phase as opposed to Blazer, Shirt & Tie ... though the first encourages Trakkies/Footy Shirts/Joggers way more so I think!!!!

Comment

I am glad now though (though not in another way) that my school never went down "the Polo Shirt/Sweater Route" ... as a lot of Schools I know through friends kids and onFB - they are "allowed" Trakkie Bottoms/Joggers and Football Shirts/Football Club Polos instead of the Uniform items and Sportswear Jumpers like Nike not the School one!! Though I'd have loved such a a casual idea to Uniform in way!

Comment

Working...
                      X