Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fashion in primary school

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    We had to wear grey trousers and red jumpers to school as our uniform in Infants/Junior school, with parkas/snorkels in winter like in that photo.
    Having no interest in fashion then i'd just wear whatever my mum put out for me.
    That was rather unlucky for you Mulletino mate ... I am glad we never had to though to be honest

Though if we had had chances to wear Ties as par the Uniform and we could have reverse-tied before Secondary .... that would have been amazing! (even if it had distillted the adventure in First Year/Year 7/8) of Secondary School!

80sChav

Comment

When I started primary school it was school uniform including shorts shirt tie and school cap. When the new head master took over in the mid 70's then uniform went out and daily fashion came in of flared trousers cheese shirts with large collars and tank tops, all in clashing patterns and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post

When I started primary school it was school uniform including shorts shirt tie and school cap. When the new head master took over in the mid 70's then uniform went out and daily fashion came in of flared trousers cheese shirts with large collars and tank tops with best alarm watches, all in clashing patterns and colours.
        i was having same uniform when i was going to school. i loved me uniform so much.
        Last edited by lucasfemy083; 04-01-2021, 08:42.

Comment

The question is: what force resulted in British primary schools adopting uniforms by the 1990s?

Are there still any primary schools that don't have a uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav

We never had a Primary Uniform - but yeah I loved my secondary 1 too 9or more like i loved flaunting the rules on it) if I am honest luke mate yeah!
            I had no uniform in the Infants or Juniors either, although those schools are still around, they adapted uniform around the turn of the millennium - come Comprehensive School that was when kids in my class coincidently wore the same clothes as myself... Well, no coincidence actually, but you know what I mean.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Ties seem to have declined in use over the past 20 or so years, except in Catholic schools.

Comment

i started school in the late seventies 79 i think it was and i clearly remember uniforms been worn.

And its not changed really at all.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                X