Fashion in primary school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashion in primary school

We could wear what we liked no school uniform.Remember the boys wore baraclavas in the winter,caps like the cubs wore.Those short grey trousers,girls wore thick tights raging from red, royal blue, bottle green.Those tartan pinifores,red clark sandals in the summer with colourful summer frocks and white ankle socks.Duffle coats and bobble hats,brown satchels

Re: Fashion in primary school

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    We could wear what we liked no school uniform.Remember the boys wore baraclavas in the winter,caps like the cubs wore.Those short grey trousers,girls wore thick tights raging from red, royal blue, bottle green.Those tartan pinifores,red clark sandals in the summer with colourful summer frocks and white ankle socks.Duffle coats and bobble hats,brown satchels
    Same here too - though we never had any fashion traits at Primary or ..... at least until the crazy Head tried with bringing out a School Jumper with the name on, that was'nt mandatory (but he held the belief/s - it should be as much as possible) or possibly could!!

80sChav

Comment

the fashions that were available bitd. pics aren't too good though.

Attached Files

Comment

Big Kid, when was that photo taken? 1970/80s?
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Looks like 70s to me, unless early 80s and they all had hand-me-downs.

Comment

i think it was the late 70s.

Originally posted by marc View Post
            Big Kid, when was that photo taken? 1970/80s?

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              Same - we had all this yeah (though we did'nt care for it really)

Our main aim/ambition was to get to secondary and do our Ties thin side-out/skinny. we even talked about it in Year 5 I recall if not Year 4 9or whatever Years that translates to from "back in the day")!!

80sChav

Comment

I can't remember any of us being interested in, or even aware of, fashion in primary school. But then I was at primary late 60s-early 70s. And in Birmingham at that!

Comment

We had to wear grey trousers and red jumpers to school as our uniform in Infants/Junior school, with parkas/snorkels in winter like in that photo.
                  Having no interest in fashion then i'd just wear whatever my mum put out for me.

Comment

When i went to school 79 i think it was we did have a uniform to wear.

I wasnt aware of fashion in primary school and i still aint got any fashion clothes wise.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Infant and Junior schools had no uniform when I was there, and I didn't have to wear one until Comprehensive School - the previous schools that I went to now have uniform (the Juniors started theirs in around 2001).

But wasn't it great that although we had to go to school, at least in my day, we were still independent when it came to what we could wear - I won't say that that I miss those days as I obviously don't need to wear a school uniform now!

Let's look at it this way: are there any schools in Great Britain or overseas where the members of the teaching staff have to wear a uniform? To be fair, most of the teachers back then dressed in such a way that it looked as if they wore a uniform compared to the kids in our class!
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Is it me, or does it seem to be a very American thing to not have a school uniform? I have in my mind Saved By The Bell and series like that where the pupils, (or should I say students?) can wear what they please without even getting detention.

It seems odd that the male Summer Bay High pupils in Home and Away can wear jeans but have to wear a tie - (well, it was like that in the "Angel" era of the mid 1990s).
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          Is it me, or does it seem to be a very American thing to not have a school uniform? I have in my mind Saved By The Bell and series like that where the pupils, (or should I say students?) can wear what they please without even getting detention.

It seems odd that the male Summer Bay High pupils in Home and Away can wear jeans but have to wear a tie - (well, it was like that in the "Angel" era of the mid 1990s).
                          True yeah I agree George, about America and australia - though both are totaly different cultures etc I see your point and especialy Home and Away as was so for Neighbours "back in the day", but i think they have improved the Erinsborough High Uniform reflection considerably (in terms of real life reflection) and more so, since the move from BBC1 to Chanel 5 and the updating of filming and adjustments to the sets etc - which are also far more believeable too, too in my opinion

Though look at Grange Hill irca the late 80s to early 90s how so many had their Ties thin side out (and Mr Bronson was supposed to be a stickler for the rules) but in the real world a Bronco Type teacher never would have omitted this!!

Moving further onto GH - look at the 90-93 Opening Credits with the amount of Trainers in the Opening Credits - atotal total poor reflection (though it was true in many Schools - it also never added up for/to me)!!

80sChav
                          Last edited by 80sChav; 01-02-2020, 00:32.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            When i went to school 79 i think it was we did have a uniform to wear.

I wasnt aware of fashion in primary school and i still aint got any fashion clothes wise.
                            Same here darren my old chum, our School never had Uniform at primary School oddly - I don't know why though to be honest!

Don't do yourself down though regards Fashion taste mate - I knowand am sure you have taste mate!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              Same here darren my old chum, our School never had Uniform at primary School oddly - I don't know why though to be honest!
                              The freedom of expression, a bit like independence from the EU.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X