Buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy

Does anyone remember a BBC programme in the 80s called Buddy starring Roger daltry,i think it might have been made for schools as i ever only saw it at school and was the prequel to the film Buddys song.
    Anyone remember it or even have it ?

Re: Buddy

Hi i remember watching it when i just started secondary school, we read the book in English and then watched Buddy. must've been 1989.
    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Isn't that the film in which chesney hawks was also in?

Comment

Yeah Chesney Hawkes was in buddys song and I am the one and only came from that film too.
        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Chesney Hawks came to do an interview at our local radio Station once, there were crowds of girls all screaming, so me and my friend stopped to see what was happening, he waved out of the window once, then escaped though the back door,leaving them all there,Waiting.
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by jimexe View Post
            Does anyone remember a BBC programme in the 80s called Buddy starring Roger daltry,i think it might have been made for schools as i ever only saw it at school and was the prequel to the film Buddys song.
            Anyone remember it or even have it ?
            I remember this. It was great. The Chesney Hawkes one was terrible IMO. I remember watching this one on BBC2. Roger Daltry played his father but I can't remember who played Buddy. Love to see it again.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember Buddy, we watched it in English lessons and read the book also. It was always a treat to watch a video in lessons, anything to get out of actual work! Buddy was pretty good though, our class was pretty into it.

There doesn't seem to be too much information knocking about on the show really, I remember hearing that Buddy dies at the end of Buddy's Song, I haven't seen that one, any truth to that?

Comment

We used to watch this is English and another show called starting out, Buddie was played by Simon Goddard who didnt too a lot else.
                Im pretty certain Chesney Hawks dont die in the film either...shame lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                  There doesn't seem to be too much information knocking about on the show really, I remember hearing that Buddy dies at the end of Buddy's Song, I haven't seen that one, any truth to that?
                  I haven't read the book nor seen the film, but there is another book sequel called Buddy's Blues so that'd indicate he doesn't die in the book, therefore probably not in the movie either.

Comment

Working...
                  X