70's childrens series House surrounded by stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's childrens series House surrounded by stones

Anyone remember a childrens series in the early 70's where a sick boy was in a house surrounded by stones that got closer every time he looked outside. I can also remember something about a picture either of the house that he drew or it was on the wall of the real house that he lived in.

Re: 70's childrens series House surrounded by stones

Sounds like 'Marianne Dreams'. A sick girl called Marianne draws a picture of a house, then dreams of that house, with a face looking out of the window. When she's awake, she makes changes to the picture - adding the stones with eyes; a fence; moves the stones closer, etc - and the same changes happen to the house in her dreams. The boy's name is Simon, he's also sick, and can't walk. I think Marianne helps him escape eventually.
    The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

sounds a creepy series.

Comment

I remember watching this when I was young with my older sister.It frightened the life out of me!! I was only thinking about it the other day.It seemed such a surreal porgramme, or maybe I was too young to grasp it.

Comment

TV adaptation was called 'Escape into Night', made by ITV in 1972.

Comment

they also made a movie based on this in 1989, it was called PaperHouse. worth checking out!

Comment

Thankyou so much!!! I finally found it after about 35 yrs! It scared the hell out of me as a child and I used to imagine allsorts in the garden! Also was reminded of Ace of Wands starring Tarot!!!

Comment

I only joined this site two days ago, and asked exactly the same question about "Escape Into Night". It`s been bugging me for the last 35 years as well. Have you watched the You Tube videos of it? I wish it was out on DVD, I`d love to see it again even though it freaked me out when I was a kid. Bebby

Comment

"Escape Into Night" is coming soon on DVD from Network.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker In The Shadows View Post
                    "Escape Into Night" is coming soon on DVD from Network.
                    Wha???!!!!!!

*dances around*

Comment

Working...
                    X