Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Cowboys

Here's a few more TV westerns remembered from my youth

Cheyenne which starred Clint Walker as Cheyenne Bodie.

Laredo with Neville Brand, William Smith (later to play the Evil Falconetti in Rich man, poor man) & Peter Brown as the 3 Texas Rangers.

A man called Shenandoah with Robert Horton, who also appeared in Wagon Train as scout Flint McCullough.

Have Gun - Will Travel. Richard Boone played the hero called Paladin a gunfighter who travelled the old west righting wrongs.

Cimmaron Strip which starred Stuart Whitman As Marshall Jim Crown. It also featured English actor Percy Herbert as Scottish deputy MacGregor.

Regards

Gam

Comment

I remember Cheyenne fairly well, though I was very young when it was on TV. I also remember Branded with Chuck Connors. It was in colour, though I didn't realise until it was shown again when we had a colour telly. I particularly recall Connors being chucked out of the army during the titles sequence, with his sword being snapped and bits being torn off his uniform, plus the catchy title song--"All but one man died, there at Bitter Creek, and they say he ran away..." Only he was totally innocent, of course.

Comment

Has to be John Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
          Has to be John Wayne.
          Clint Eastwood for me but the guy who plays Seth Bullock ( really existed ) in DeadWood is a very close second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

+++deleted+++
            Last edited by Twocky61; 05-06-2018, 11:54.
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
              Does this count as a favourite cowboy?

A cowboy strutting hs stuff lol

What does this pic remind you of?

Attached Files
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Can never beat the end of Shane if you don't get it just watch it until you do such a wonderful film...

What a true man x
                Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
                  Can never beat the end of Shane if you don't get it just watch it until you do such a wonderful film...

What a true man x

Shane is a true classic, and on many people's top 10 best westerns list, including mine. There are so many great scenes: Alan Ladd and Van Heflin chopping the tree root; Alan Ladd and Van Heflin back to back in the store fighting off the villan's thugs; Jack Palance goading Elisha Cook into drawing, then gunning him down; Ben Johnson warning Alan Ladd of the trap the villan has set for him...plus many more.

Comment

Has to be the Lone Ranger !

I found an episode on Sky a while back and I was amazed how good the storyline was .....

In contrast so disappointed with the new movie version from a year or so ago ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      Has to be the Lone Ranger !

I found an episode on Sky a while back and I was amazed how good the storyline was .....

In contrast so disappointed with the new movie version from a year or so ago ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I do agree the film was odd to say the least but the series was well written and the story lines well structured.
                      Always ready for chat.

Comment

What about Once Upon A Time In The West, with Henry Fonda as an absolutely evil villain against typecast and the cool tough guy Charles Bronson as his nemesis. Loved the scene you brought 2 horses too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead View Post
                          What about Once Upon A Time In The West, with Henry Fonda as an absolutely evil villain against typecast and the cool tough guy Charles Bronson as his nemesis. Loved the scene you brought 2 horses too many.
                          Defo heard of the film but never watched it but will look out, also love High noon.
                          Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Clint Eastwood - end of
                            This.
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Loved blazing saddles but has not aged well after seeing again recently.
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                                Loved blazing saddles but has not aged well after seeing again recently.
                                Mel Brooks offered John Wayne the role of the Waco Kid but he turned it down.

Wayne's best film and probably performance...The Searchers with he and the USS Enterprise's original captain, Jeffrey Hunter, tracking the Comanches who have kidnapped the beautiful but tragic Natalie Wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X