Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Cowboys

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Mel Brooks offered John Wayne the role of the Waco Kid but he turned it down.

Wayne's best film and probably performance...The Searchers with he and the USS Enterprise's original captain, Jeffrey Hunter, tracking the Comanches who have kidnapped the beautiful but tragic Natalie Wood.
    For me it's either the Searchers, she wore a yellow ribbon or True grit I have to be honest I really did like the Coen brothers remake great performance by Jeff Bridges rarely do they remake a good old classic.
    Always ready for chat.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCQKzLxAG_0

Too cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead View Post
        Wow that is cool, never seen this movie but must find the time.
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
          For me it's either the Searchers, she wore a yellow ribbon or True grit I have to be honest I really did like the Coen brothers remake great performance by Jeff Bridges rarely do they remake a good old classic.

True Grit and She wore a Yellow Ribbon are both very good in terms of Wayne's performances and as films imo. Wayne, of course, won an Oscar for True Grit, but I prefer his portrayal of the tortured, obsessed, and seemingly at times slightly unhinged Ethan Edwards in The Searchers.

As well as Jeff Bridges playing Rooster in the True Grit remake, Warren Oates also played him in a TV movie sequel in, I think, 1978 titled True Grit: A further Adventure.

Comment

True Grit and She wore a Yellow Ribbon are both very good in terms of Wayne's performances and as films imo. Wayne, of course, won an Oscar for True Grit, but I prefer his portrayal of the tortured, obsessed, and seemingly at times slightly unhinged Ethan Edwards in The Searchers.

As well as Jeff Bridges playing Rooster in the True Grit remake, Warren Oates also played him in a TV movie sequel in, I think, 1978 titled True Grit: A further Adventure.
            I'm going to have to watch the Searchers now.
            Always ready for chat.

Comment

I liked the True Grit remake !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                  Dallas
                  Gothcha x
                  Always ready for chat.

Comment