Play about a street party for Charles and Diana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play about a street party for Charles and Diana

Does anyone remember the name of a Play which I think was shown on BBC which featured a community (I think it was set in Wales but could be wrong) that was having a street party for the Charles and Diana wedding.

It featuresd all the events of the day from about 10am until the end of the day and is almost a fly on the wall type thing. Would love to watch it again but really can't remember what it was called and Googles being no help

Re: Play about a street party for Charles and Diana

Originally posted by Jabbso View Post
    Does anyone remember the name of a Play which I think was shown on BBC which featured a community (I think it was set in Wales but could be wrong) that was having a street party for the Charles and Diana wedding.

It featuresd all the events of the day from about 10am until the end of the day and is almost a fly on the wall type thing. Would love to watch it again but really can't remember what it was called and Googles being no help
    That was 2010's Royal Wedding starring Darren Boyd, Jodie Whittaker and Gwyneth Keyworthy
    ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Yes thats it, thanks so much! 2010? goodness I could have sworn it was lot older than that!

I was convinced it was from the 80's or 90's. I would never have thought it was as recent as that, my minds playing tricks on me obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabbso View Post
        Yes thats it, thanks so much! 2010? goodness I could have sworn it was lot older than that!

I was convinced it was from the 80's or 90's. I would never have thought it was as recent as that, my minds playing tricks on me obviously.
        There is another play, an old Screen One, also about the day itself called Royal Celebration dating from 1993. It starred Rupert Graves, Leslie Phillips, Peter Howitt and a young Keira Knightley. But that wasn't set in Wales, so I figured Royal Wedding was the one you were after. Royal Wedding was part of a BBC2 80s season from 2010 and was one of the big dramas of that season alongside Worried About The Boy (Boy George biopic) and Money with Nick Frost, a rather crappy adaptation of the great Martin Amis novel. If I recall rightly, only Worried About The Boy has ever been repeated.
        ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Originally posted by Markxist View Post
          BBC2 80s season from 2010 and was one of the big dramas of that season alongside Worried About The Boy (Boy George biopic) and Money with Nick Frost, a rather crappy adaptation of the great Martin Amis novel. If I recall rightly, only Worried About The Boy has ever been repeated.
          Thanks for the heads up about the other programmes. I'll try to give them a watch as well.

Comment

Working...
          X