Feeling Under the Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Under the Weather

My worst illness was flu I thought that I was dying,it took me 2 weeks to get over it.This was about 20 years ago when doctors still did call outs,he said you have a nasty bought of bronchitis I never felt so ill and weak,Since then flu capsules & powders have improved.As a child about 5 years I got chicken pox but cant remember anything about it.

I hate having colds but its nothing compared to bronchitis,

Remember that swine flu that was around in 2009 I got that but it cleared in a week and not so fierce

Re: Feeling Under the Weather

I remember having the flu when I was 9 & having to spend almost all the Easter holidays indoors as I had no energy & a banging headache for much of it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Nothing serious - German measles, mumps, chickenpox...
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        Nothing serious - German measles, mumps, chickenpox...
        They say shingles can be nasty

Comment

Luckily I'm quite fit and well - my bones and joints on the other hand... :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
            Luckily I'm quite fit and well - my bones and joints on the other hand... :cry:
            The older you get you notice how your body changes more aches and pains

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              The older you get you notice how your body changes more aches and pains
              It's the infrastructure!

Comment

Been feeling rough for 5 days,was ok on Saturday met up with my cousin we went for a sandwich & drink in a pub,the following day I came down withc old and a bad chest.I have been coughing all week and it aches ,I had to get up in the early hours cause I couldnt stop coughing in bed.I havent felt so rough in 7 years,when I had swine flu.I think it was bad hygiene in the pub and I wont be going back

Comment

I had a terrible bout of Flu in the early 1990s, it may have been 1992. I felt it coming on during a Friday afternoon. Saturday morning, I was in a right state. I spent the next three days in bed. I could not care if I was told somebody had left a sack full of £20 notes outside. I felt so weak, and could hardly stand up. I did not go back to work for two weeks. When I did, I did not feel right for the next six weeks. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I said at the time that if I ever have another bout of Flu like that, I would top myself.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                    I had a terrible bout of Flu in the early 1990s, it may have been 1992. I felt it coming on during a Friday afternoon. Saturday morning, I was in a right state. I spent the next three days in bed. I could not care if I was told somebody had left a sack full of £20 notes outside. I felt so weak, and could hardly stand up. I did not go back to work for two weeks. When I did, I did not feel right for the next six weeks. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I said at the time that if I ever have another bout of Flu like that, I would top myself.
                    I know its horrible having flu.It makes you feel so week and the strain is not so easy to go away in a hurry.I have been taking the extra strength beachams all in one,it is clearing slightly but you still feel a bit rough

Comment

Amethyst, hope you will be better soon x
                      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                        Amethyst, hope you will be better soon x
                        Thanks Marc slowly getting there

Comment

[QUOTE=amethyst;210374]Thanks Marc slowly getting there[/

Still got a cold and a cough with sort of headache now ,been 20 days now,been told by other people they know someone thats had a cough for 3 weeks and cant shift it,must have been a nasty strain about

Comment

Working...
                          X