• Show
Clear All

• Tom and jerry everyone remembers

Re: Tom and jerry everyone remembers

nothing like i remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Hfk13LZIQ

Comment

The video Gary posted is proper Tom and Jerry as most people remember. OP's video is that new rubbish that's had all the violence taken out of it.

Best one ever is when Jerry's hard man cousin who can easily beat up cats comes to stay with him to sort out Tom. When he leaves he gives Jerry a bowler hat and a top so that he can disguise himself as his cousin.

Even Pink Panther is terrible now and why did they give Pink a voice? I love the old DePatie/Freling ones with the beautiful Henry Mancini soundtracks.

Comment

Best two Tom and Jerrys ever were Slicked up Pup (where Tom has to make sure Spike's son doesn't get dirty)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5-OVa9R9QM

and Baby Puss (watch out for the brilliant Carmen Miranda impression):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tg37i

Comment

Any of the Fred Quimby produced Tom & Jerry was good.

Comment

Agreed!
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

The early ones are certainly the best. Weren't many of the Tom and Jerry shorts theatrically released originally?

I can remember many being shown on Telly as being un-edited with Mammy Two shoes in the 70's. I love that character. You know when she appears poor ole Tom is in deep trouble.

Have memories of Tom and Jerry being Too violent and some controversy over it many years back.

Comment

Almost all T&J were first shown at the cinemas, at least in the USA.

It took me years to work out Mammy was supposed to be black, mostly because she's shown from the waist downwards & also because I wasn't familiar with the accent either.

I remember seeing clip from Newsround from the 1970s mentioning there was talk then of the more violent ones being withdrawn.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally, Tom & Jerry were extras before the main film typically shown in Drive-in cinemas in the U.S.. They were not intended to be shown has children's programmes. The level of violence was not really noticed, has it was accepted has nothing more than a cartoon. It was in the 1970s that this cartoon came under scrutiny (Mary Whitehouse (again )). The later cartoons made are nothing more than a damp squib compared to the early ones.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

i downloaded all the original Hanna-Barbera/MGM episodes a couple of years back, still hilarious to this day, out of the episodes i've got through the funniest ones have been 'Tennis Chumps' and 'Love That Pup' these 2 episodes (especially the latter) have had me crying with laughter LMAO

Comment

The new tom and jerry is no where near as good as the originals classics I can watch the old ones all time but the newer versions I get bored easy
                      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                      X