Comment

Re: Computer game magazine scans.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Comment

I've always found the Mega Drive Sonic games to be rather boring. That magazine page above showing all the levels from Sonic 1 all look the same, there is very little variety. Alex Kidd in Miracle world is better than every Sonic game. A point I've argued is that if you replaced the Sonic sprite with the Alex Kidd sprite in the Sonic games but the games still played exactly the same no one would want to play the Sonic games.

I honestly think the Sonic games on the Master System are much more fun 2D platformers. I don't get what's fun about being blasted through a level at 200Mph with little to no control over your character. I love how the Master System Sonics play like proper platformers that encourage exploration. I have Sonic 1 and 2 for my MD and Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos for my Master System Converter and I rarely ever play the MD Sonics but the Master System versions are always great fun to go back to. Sega have so many great franchises they could go back to like Golden Axe or Alex Kidd. I'd love to see a modern version of Golden Axe come out for the PS3. A proper new game though and not a horrible remake like what they did with Space Harrier, I was quite disappointed when I bought Sega Classics and they changed Space Harrier, it looks horrible.

Comment

ive never played any sonic games but ill agree being blasted at 200 mph with very little control cant be fun.
            And yes they do look all the same dont they on that magazine page just my thoughts too.

But yes the m.s. Sonics i far more like the sound of which encourage exploration.

you want games to be fun.

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
            i've always found the mega drive sonic games to be rather boring. That magazine page above showing all the levels from sonic 1 all look the same, there is very little variety. Alex kidd in miracle world is better than every sonic game. A point i've argued is that if you replaced the sonic sprite with the alex kidd sprite in the sonic games but the games still played exactly the same no one would want to play the sonic games.

I honestly think the sonic games on the master system are much more fun 2d platformers. I don't get what's fun about being blasted through a level at 200mph with little to no control over your character. I love how the master system sonics play like proper platformers that encourage exploration. I have sonic 1 and 2 for my md and sonic 1, 2 and chaos for my master system converter and i rarely ever play the md sonics but the master system versions are always great fun to go back to. Sega have so many great franchises they could go back to like golden axe or alex kidd. I'd love to see a modern version of golden axe come out for the ps3. A proper new game though and not a horrible remake like what they did with space harrier, i was quite disappointed when i bought sega classics and they changed space harrier, it looks horrible.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    ive never played any sonic games but ill agree being blasted at 200 mph with very little control cant be fun.
                    And yes they do look all the same dont they on that magazine page just my thoughts too.

But yes the m.s. Sonics i far more like the sound of which encourage exploration.

you want games to be fun.

As a huge fan of 2D platformers I could never understand how the Sonics on the MD were so popular. The blue rat always annoyed me with his forced cool and stupid conjoined eye. A fat plumber might not be cool but at least he's endearing and his games are fun. You've not missed much in the Mega Drive Sonics but the Master System games are great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                      As a huge fan of 2D platformers I could never understand how the Sonics on the MD were so popular. The blue rat always annoyed me with his forced cool and stupid conjoined eye. A fat plumber might not be cool but at least he's endearing and his games are fun. You've not missed much in the Mega Drive Sonics but the Master System games are great fun.
                      How about Cool Spot, Ray Man and Zool etc?
                      Last edited by Mulletino; 23-09-2016, 02:28.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                            How about Cool Spot, Ray Man and Zool etc?

Never played Rayman but the other 2 were a bit boring. What's worse than Sonic? A Sonic knock-off. I remember Zool was advertised as the Amiga's answer to Sonic. LOL, it didn't even come close.

Comment

I remember a friend had Zool for his Archimedes.

The game play wasn't great but the themed levels were fun.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X