• Re: Computer game magazine scans.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

Looking at this catalogue page and the Super 16 Bit. Get a wee chuckle at the useless stuff for consoles people used to make (and probably still do) that is pretty much useless. I really can't see the advantage of owning the Super 16 Bit. I have 2 CD racks beside my CRT telly and on top of those I have my Mega Drive, my NES and my Game Cube sitting on top of the NES. The consoles are hardly space hogs. It's my PS2 and my PS3 that are the space hogs. My PS3 is the second generation one which although is smaller than the original (that thing is a beast) it's still pretty huge.

I would love a Mega Drive joystick. There was a similar joystick for the Master System but it was quite hard to use because the stick was on the right and the buttons were on the left.

Something I would like to ask anyone who is left handed: I'm right handed but most arcade games had the stick on the left and the buttons on the right. I'm happy to use my weaker hand for control. Does it feel strange for a left handed person to control a game with their strong hand? Some old games would have the stick in the middle and fire buttons on either side so you could control with your best hand. The arcade in Largs had Wonderboy with buttons on either side of the stick. The fire buttons on the right didn't work properly so I used to cross my arms so I could control the game with my left hand. Even though I'm right handed controlling the stick with my right felt weird.

Comment

I did wonder why most game controllers have the direction controller on the left, I'm left handed & find them quite easy to operate.

The N64 could be used in either hand IIRC.

Oddly I'm more used to using a mouse with my right hand.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                Looking at this catalogue page and the Super 16 Bit. Get a wee chuckle at the useless stuff for consoles people used to make (and probably still do) that is pretty much useless. I really can't see the advantage of owning the Super 16 Bit. I have 2 CD racks beside my CRT telly and on top of those I have my Mega Drive, my NES and my Game Cube sitting on top of the NES. The consoles are hardly space hogs. It's my PS2 and my PS3 that are the space hogs. My PS3 is the second generation one which although is smaller than the original (that thing is a beast) it's still pretty huge.

I would love a Mega Drive joystick. There was a similar joystick for the Master System but it was quite hard to use because the stick was on the right and the buttons were on the left.
                I have one of those Megadrive Joysticks.

I believe they sold those console caddies back then because people were paranoid about dust getting into their console and as it was sat in the living room, they could "cover it up" when not in use.
                I don't have that one but I do have the one we had for our Atari in the 80s, which also held the joysticks and carts with a wooden effect sticker on the front and a smoked perspex lid.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment