Hair styles you've had???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hair styles you've had???

Anyone remember the 'feather cut' and the 'Purdey'? Also went through a phase of the fringe that was flicked to one side and sprayed with so much hairspray I'm probably responsible for the hole in the ozone layer.

Comment

When I was 17 I bleached my hair for a dare - my friend's girl friend had very black hair and she used to bleach her hair. One day she had just finished bleaching her hair and she has some solution left over so she dared me to let her bleach my hair. She put the stuff on and afterwards my hair,which was already blondish, went pure platinum - like Billy Idols hair ... Now at 39 I am going bald ... LITTLE WONDER !

Comment

Definately remember having the feather cut and the Purdy..... also the Page Boy!!
        sigpic

Comment

I'd forgotten the Page Boy! Had that one too.

Comment

Also had a "Wedge" too!! I thought it looked so cool at the time!
            sigpic

Comment

I remember using Sun-In when I was about 13 in an attempt to do some highlights on myself - my hair came out the colour of the background on this forum! It was dreadful!

They still sell Sun-In - I think it shoudl be banned. Its a danger to teenage girls everywhere! lol
              sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

I remember my older brothers having highlights, their hair was so short it just ending looking like they had been stood under the pigeons to long
                Heather

Comment

I had a sun-in blonde fringe too in the early 80's

Comment

omg over the years i've had loads
                    in the 80's i remember having a bleached tail (what was that all about lol)
                    also had the long fringe over 1 eye,
                    also had green spikey,(back combed)
                    bleached blonde (when i was 14-15)
                    permed
                    a flat top,
                    then had chemo lost it all so had a couple of wigs, long wavy1 and short one (warning if you wear a wig dont open the oven door with it on i singed all the front of mine lol) so gave up and wore a hat but everyone was wearing them at the time (91-92)
                    then when i was having chemo the 2nd time drs said hair would go thin so decided to get another perm so it looked thicker but lost it all (was going to go back to the haidressers and say look what you've done but didnt lol)

then i had the step as cos with the radiotherapy the bottom half of my hair was shorter so had it cut with a step lol
                    now well its starting to get quite a bit of grey but at least i've got hair lol

oh forgot had a bob in there somewhere when i went through my mod phase
                    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                    Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Had a basin cut(thanks mum NOT!!!), flat top, step, step with flat top, undercut, mowhawk, bleached, coloured green, long, dreads, skunk(bleach stripe)and now just a no. 1 all over.

Comment

Mullet in the 80s, 'til a girl I liked told me a Tom Cruise would suit me better.

Comment

Hairstyles

Hi

Was it fashionable for men to have fairly long hair in 1978 and 79?

Comment

Originally posted by kass View Post
                            Anyone remember the 'feather cut' and the 'Purdey'? Also went through a phase of the fringe that was flicked to one side and sprayed with so much hairspray I'm probably responsible for the hole in the ozone layer.
                            I had the feather cut! I also remember a terrible perm that was curly at the top but didn't 'take' at the bottom so was dead straight. It looked most peculiar!

Comment

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post
                              Also had a "Wedge" too!! I thought it looked so cool at the time!
                              Thats cos it was cool at the time Karen, i had a perfect " wedge" and used to get it trimmed once a month ( worked in a hair salon) i loved it !
                              Prior to that... circa early 70s... The peanut cut, anyoen remember this one ?
                              Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

In the 70's i had the wedge, the bob, and my fav, the Bay City Rollers feather cut, i thought i looked so cool but looking back i didn't have a scooby salemsmine

Comment

Working...
                                X