Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hair styles you've had???

Originally posted by justkim View Post
    The peanut cut, anyone remember this one ?
    What the heck was that??
    Heather

Comment

I remember the seven-seven hair style and spiral but haven't tried it yet though since I was a kid! But I remember some of those ladies having their hairstyle like that before!
      Brings back the memories...

Comment

I remember going to the hairdresses to have my shoulder length hair cut short, i told the girl i just want a plain cut, took in at the back, off the ears, and a little hight on top, she did as i asked, well at least she did, until she started to put all this jel stuff on and made my hair all spikey, i did,nt have the heart to tell her i did,nt like it so i just payed her and left the shop, but as i was walking home i could see my reflection in the shop windows i just wanted to get home fast so i could wash it all out, after it had dryed i finley had the style i wanted.

I have also had an Afro perm
        the purdy cut
        And the pageboy.
        Last edited by Shirl; 15-02-2009, 16:40.

Comment

Used to have a short back n sides at school. Remember a mobile hairdresser my mum used to have coming around in 84 when i was 16. I showed her the video to The Reflex by Duran Duran, pointed to Simon Le Bon and said "I want that one". Apart from the highlights, it looked nothing like it. It became too high maintenance with wet look gel (stu stu studioline) after that so had a flat top (inspired by Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV). Kept it short then until the curtain hairstyle in 94. Again, too high maintenance. Bought some clippers not long after and did myself a number 2. Forgot to replace the guard one day after cleaning and ended up with a number 0. Have kept it that way since although haven't got much choice in the matter these days.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

bowl, flick, mohawk, skinhead, comb back
            now currently working on the bald look LOL
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

as a 70's kid, & with a strict dad, my hair was either the 'bowl cut' or 'short back & sides'...I'm sure most of us lads on here know exactly what I mean!

Then in late teens I had the 'new romantic' look...all flicks & hairspray!

Liek you branny, all gets too high maintenance as you get older (kids,work, house to run etc). Also you're no longer on the pull, so another reason bites the dust!

So much easier now when you're asked...pub?....quick swill, ruffle of hair, done!
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Depending upon who took us to the Barber's we got different cuts. If my mum took us we just had a trim, left long over the ears with a straight fringe. If my dad took us it was a short back and sides.

I won't go into details but my later years involved a "high top" (ala Kid'n'Play) and a "box cut" (ala Bobby Brown), long hair, short har and stuff in between.

Mind you, with all the hair product I've used throughout the years i'm surprised my hair's doing as well as it is nowadays!

Comment

Made the mistake of having a long perm in the late 70's. The stylist refused to do the first style I chose because "You've got to have a pretty face for that one" (I was considered very attractive at the time! ), then she got bored halfway through the perm and delegated to a trembling junior with breathing problems who took over an hour to do one side. Came out looking like a clown on one side and a bedraggled poodle on the other.

I was a peroxide blond in the early 80's until an alleged friend offered to do my roots. Was rinsing the dye off when there was an ominous soggy thud in the bottom of the shower - and there was my hair! Luckily The Eurythmics were very popular at the time so one bottle of Crazy Colour orange later I was an Annie Lennox clone.

Comment

I used to have it shaved at the sides and back and had a center crash, then there was a period of time where I had a rat tail, this was in the late 80's and early 90's.

Now I just have it shaved at the sides and back and short on top. I have sometimes had thoughts of getting a rat tail again though. If tramlines have come back (which were from around the same time) then surely it should be okay to have a rat tail? I dunno.
                    My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

I've mostly had short back & sides, & got into gelling in the late 1980s.

For a lot of the 1990s my Mum used to insist I went to a unisex salon where there normally did what my Brother still calls a Beefburger cut, as it resembles a burger in a bun on top of my head.

Eventually I started going back to the standard barbers (which also saved a bit moneywise), & having SB&S, though in the last few years I've experimented with sideburns, & letting them grow until my Mum complained they looks like doormats stuck to each side of my face.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I was a bit of a rocker so haircuts were only undertaken if holidays,weddings or court appearances were coming up was into phyco-billy music in the 80s so I had bald back and sides with a huge bleached quiff Would post the only pic I have of this but my daughter is in it who very sadly is no longer around.
                        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

When I was 14 had long straight hair down to my waist,with a middle parting,when I turned 15 had the top part of my hair short with the rest long and a side parting,that was dreadful
                          Had my hair cut really short at 19,when I was 22 had a curly shaggy permdid have a few perms after that,then I stopped straight hair was back in,permed hair was out of fashion.Wouldn,t have curly hair again

Comment

I had long hair down to my waist in my early teens and when I was about 13 I used to put in food colouring in red, green and blue streaks throughout my hair. I looked just like Roy Wood!
                            sigpic
                            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Ive had some scary ones over the years lol. In grade school I was ALL about the ponytail scrunchie on the side or the multiple banded ponytail down the back. For awhile after that I was teasing my bangs up with a slight wave in them... In jr high I went to hangin long thin strips of hair down each side of my face and calling that "bangs" and then in high school I was trying to give myself one of those short asymetrical cuts (short in the back, long in the front) and screwed it up, basically putting a big horseshoe shaped cut in the back of my head. Strangely though, it seemed to catch on because I started noticing other people in my school with the same cut! I also remember the "duckbill" cut in the back of the head being way popular with guys and there was a phase in my school where girls buzz cut a portion of the underside of their hair and then hung a high ponytail over it.
                              ]

Comment

I went through a phase where I wanted to be a goalkeeper and I can remember Arsenal keeper David Seaman being a big influence one me as a youngster. I remember him being like Superman during the Euro 1996 tournament and I decided that I wanted to be the next David Seaman. Not only did this mean being great inbetween the posts but it also meant having my hair like David's.

At the time Dave had long parted hair, a style pretty common in the mid 90's. The thing was that my hair had always been straight and was nowhere near long enough to be parted through the middle. So I ended up just making two curls at the front of my hair with my fingers, in my mind this made me look just like super goalie himself. In reality I looked absolutely ridiculous and I can remember a few mates being kind enough to tell me. This was long before he grew that ponytail, a style I certainly would have had a hard time imitating!

Comment

Working...
                                X