Hair styles you've had???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hair styles you've had???

sometimes a crew cut think thats its name.

when i was younger always a fringe.

think another was called step u had your hair cut short then the bit underneath a bit further down was cut even shorter.

im not one for really wasting cash on hair cuts.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      sometimes a crew cut think thats its name.

when i was younger always a fringe.

think another was called step u had your hair cut short then the bit underneath a bit further down was cut even shorter.

im not one for really wasting cash on hair cuts.
      These days I only go for a trim when I feel like it,with the price of dry cuts going up all the time,I would never have a cut and blow dry your talking £20 plus

Comment

As a kid in the 70s I had the standard longish over the ears type thing with a dodgy fringe from the local Barber. Then one day my dad had to take us, it was snowing, he got us a short back and sides, man that was a cold walk home!

Then as the 80s came it became a bit of a mullet, then in the late 80s it became this:

Now you've finished laughing read on...

It then became a box cut, which was similar but one side was shorter than the other with a line across the top and tram lines etc on the sides.

Then in about 92 I grew it out to shoulder length like Johnny Depp. Late 90s that got cut shortish again, which apparently made me look like Huey Morgan from FLC.

Since then it's been a few different styles but it's now a bit of a pomp with shaved sides (half grade) from a proper Barbers.

Best bit of advice from my dad and his Rocker days, always go to the Barber with the worst hair cut, it means one of the others did it.
        Last edited by Mulletino; 15-07-2014, 02:18. Reason: additions

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
          As a kid in the 70s I had the standard longish over the ears type thing with a dodgy fringe from the local Barber. Then one day my dad had to take us, it was snowing, he got us a short back and sides, man that was a cold walk home!

Then as the 80s came it became a bit of a mullet, then in the late 80s it became this:

Now you've finished laughing read on...

It then became a box cut, which was similar but one side was shorter than the other with a line across the top and tram lines etc on the sides.

Then in about 92 I grew it out to shoulder length like Johnny Depp. Late 90s that got cut shortish again, which apparently made me look like Huey Morgan from FLC.

Since then it's been a few different styles but it's now a bit of a pomp with shaved sides (half grade) from a proper Barbers.

Best bit of advice from my dad and his Rocker days, always go to the Barber with the worst hair cut, it means one of the others did it.
          The hairstye you had in the picture looks ace Mulletio
          I never had anything near such a style ( thugh I wish I had0 but may-be more cropped/shorter on top if I had have had one similar. Full credit t you for sharing such a picture on the 'net mate - that sure takes guts (Mespecialy hair-wise) I think

80sChav

Comment

Late 60's more of the page boy style which was all to do with an uncles wedding.Mid- late 70's the usual pudding basin style most of us boys ended up with back then.Grow it long then short back and sides with the mop on top sort of thing. Dads idea of a boys haircut, lol. At times it looked more like something the Beatles would of had circa 1962-3.Would of been better cutting around a World War two helmet. Late 70's early 80's Crew Cut for a couple of years then back to the mop top styleeee until I left school and started to pay for my own haircuts. Went teddy boy, rockabilly and Pshycho for a while as it was scene I was into until after the 90's.Then for some reason it went long with a pony tail.Now its short on the sides and shiny up top. Put my head down in the bright sun and cause all the cars to pile up on the motorway--------the shine is just terrible. Really must dust the bald patch to stop the glare lol.
            Last edited by battyrat; 20-07-2014, 10:18.

Comment

In the late 80s I had a kind of Scott from Neighbours / Limahl 'thing' going on. But it needed VERY regular maintenance due to my naturally wavy hair.

Comment

In my student days, it was the very long-haired full-on messiah look - but I guess I am still a bit of a hippy.

Comment

In the early 90's I thought it was cool to have long hair in a pony tail, I never bothered cos of the hassle with growing it!.

Comment

I had hilights at one point hhhhmmmm now when i look back why did i do it lol
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

• Re: Hair styles you've had???

haha highlights have u any pics.

i just let mine grow very long very wild and out of control.

maybe the odd time id get it cut to a number 3.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                        Me too

Comment

Lol mate funny init

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          Me too
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

In primary school the girls mostly had long hair,they either had plats or pigtails but we always had ribbon in our hair.Or alice bands,The boys hair was always cut short some I think had the basin cut

Comment

I allways was curly. ALWAYS. Some times it was desastreous, sometimes -- better. But I never succeed in stratening them. I had just three strighteners in my life (Can't say if it's a lot. Is it?) and none could cope. Still trying to find one that will. There's several suggested options based on the review but I have to pick only one. That's torturous!

Comment

Mohican in green for me during seventies Punk movement lol
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X