Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pick 'n' Mix at the Cinema?

Originally posted by EddyP View Post
    I heard Woolworths are making a comeback, has anyone heard the same? God how I miss those pick n mixes, I would fill a large cup well over the brim and have to cradle it to the checkout. They were never particularly impressed behind the counter!
    Yes I've heard that as well, Wilko is the only place away from cinemas you seem to be able to get P&M, apart from the bigger Poundlands.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Morrisons and Tescos as well

Comment

Did read today that Woolworths may make a comeback. Somebody is thinking of buying the name from the now owners and opening a shop.

I can't remember P&M at any cinema. I well remember that foul orange drink. I always remember the taste of the plastic carton more than the drink. KitKats were also sold has well.

Woolworths in Pontypridd at a great P&M. The small Turkish Delights were my favorite.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
          Did read today that Woolworths may make a comeback. Somebody is thinking of buying the name from the now owners and opening a shop.

I can't remember P&M at any cinema. I well remember that foul orange drink. I always remember the taste of the plastic carton more than the drink. KitKats were also sold has well.

Woolworths in Pontypridd at a great P&M. The small Turkish Delights were my favorite.
          That drink would have been Kia-ora, which also had this famous advert.

We still have Woolworths here, except it isn't the same, it's a supermarket.

Comment

I well remember that advert for Kia-ora. It was one of my favourites at the time.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I haven't had any Kia-Ora for at least 20 years at the cinema, but even now that taste is still in my memory.

I can remember the first time I took a girl to the cinema, meeting her outside Woolworth's, going inside to buy a bag of pick 'n' mix, she hiding it in her shoulder bag, then sharing it in the cinema, but I did still buy her an ice-cream during intermission.

Comment

Working...
              X