Did anyone experinece the NWOBHM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone experinece the NWOBHM?

If that acronym means nothing to you it's The New Wave OF British Heavy Metal! Bands like iron Maiden, Saxon, Def Leppard as well as more obscure bads like Tygers of Pan Tang, Angelwitch etc.

A post punk resurgence of heavy metal with an added emphasis on speed and tight live shows. No long jam sessions. Alas I never did experience any live gigs, but I was aware of Iron Maiden becoming a major force in heavy music. Yes, back then people did differentiate between heavy metal and hard rock.

Re: Did anyone experinece the NWOBHM?

In that era, I only was Girlschool & Motorhead.. saw many more after the NWOBHM had finished

Comment

I did ! I saw it all and by god I loved it.

After all that punk crud and that awful new romantic tripe that was appearing I couldn't believe it was happening.The NWOBHM also brought older 70's bands back as well. (e.g UFO, Budgie, Judas Priest).

I went to a lot of gigs in that period. I saw Saxon, White Spirit, The Tygers of Pang Tang, Praying Mantis, Rage (ex Nutz) and many others.

Great days.

Comment

More punk for me which is still streamed online out of Russia/Ukraine
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
        X