Why only the 70s 80s, and 90s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why only the 70s 80s, and 90s?

BORN THE SIXTIES YOUR OLDER THAN I THOUGHT.

BORN IN THE SEVENTIES GREW UP IN THE EIGHTIES MOST OF MY FAVE FILMS TV SHOWS AND MUSIC ARE FROM THE EIGHTIES.

BUT SOME GREAT SHOWS IN THE NINETIES LIKE THE AWESOME CRYSTAL MAZE.
    AND KNIGHTMARE WHICH STARTED IN 87 RAN TO 94 IT WAS PRETTY SCARY.

FANTASTIC THEME TUNE.

https://youtu.be/IpJjtUpL3CE

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Born in the 60s, grew up in the 70s, life education in the 80s, cynical in the 90s, bored in the 00s, settling down in the 10s...
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
      60's would be full of clowns telling you how great the Beatles were..

I wouldn't even include the 90's

Dreadful decade IMHO
      Like Arran I'm querying this, I admit it had some shortcomings but enough good points to be worth being nostalgic for.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

BORN THE SIXTIES YOUR OLDER THAN I THOUGHT.

1962, a vintage year...
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          . The 90s could be described as a reasonably benign period between the fall of the Berlin Wall and the fall of the Twin Towers.
          Apart from the Gulf War, Kosovo war and the IRA I guess it was...
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
            Apart from the Gulf War, Kosovo war and the IRA I guess it was...
            These were localised conflicts that were minor in comparison to the so called war on terror.

I'm too young to remember the Cold War with the Soviet Union and the fears that Britain will be annihilated by a nuclear missile. Britain and the west appeared to have no opponent similar in size or power as the communist Soviet Union during the 1990s. The Gulf War was against secular leader Saddam Hussein and not against Islamic extremism. Islam or Muslims and terrorism did not go together in the same sentence during the 1990s. Terrorism was something committed by the IRA and non-Muslim nutjobs like Timothy McVeigh. We had the Dunblane Massacre and the Hungerford Massacre was still fresh in people's minds. Shootings by non-Muslims was considered a much greater danger than suicide bombings by Muslims. There were even questions raised as recently as the early months of 2001 whether NATO had any purpose in a world where the Warsaw Pact is history.

Although there was a bad recession in the early 1990s and Britain was run by a crass and inept government led by John Major, after the recession ended in the mid 1990s there was an air of optimism for the future as a new Millennium approached. The fall of the Twin Towers sparked off another cold war and heralded a new era when the public is willing to sacrifice freedom and liberty for security. Implementing the Prevent Strategy in primary schools in the 1990s would have been unthinkable and incredulous. Despite CAGE blowing the lid on Prevent by finding out that it's all based on bogus theories and unscientific research, the truth is, the majority of the public actually wants it. Looking back, the 1990s was a totally different era. Definitely nostalgic. The biggest fear by the public in a post communist decade was that the world would end in 2000 when computers crashed because of the Millennium Bug. On 01/03/2000 it all seemed safe...

Comment

Just my opinion
              There not much I look back at in the 90's fondly
              Depends on your age I suppose

Comment

It really depends on people and their age. I well remember when I first started to go out drinking, 1983. There were lot more clubs, both private member clubs and night clubs, and pubs around then. Many of the older drinkers would be talking about the 1920/30s. Despite the hardship, they seemed to remember it fondly. They've now passed away to be replaced by a younger generation. In another ten years time, people will be remembering the first decade of this century. Stay around long enough, and watch the forums emerge.
                Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                  It really depends on people and their age. I well remember when I first started to go out drinking, 1983. There were lot more clubs, both private member clubs and night clubs, and pubs around then. Many of the older drinkers would be talking about the 1920/30s. Despite the hardship, they seemed to remember it fondly. They've now passed away to be replaced by a younger generation. In another ten years time, people will be remembering the first decade of this century. Stay around long enough, and watch the forums emerge.
                  The night clubs discos of late 70s early 80s played good music

Comment

I'm a bit too young to remember the rave scene of the early 1990s before Graham Bright MP killed it with a section in the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 referring to music with repetitive beats.

Comment

Working...
                    X