Moon adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon adventure

Was having a chat with a slightly older work colleague who remembers a space series that didn't run too long but he always watched it on Friday nights.
    He can't remember which channel it was on, and very possibly could have been a regional Scottish TV series. It involved three people living on the moon and could have been broadcast between 1973-1975. He described it as a "bit slow" which probably explains why it didn't run too long! Can anyone help us out?

Re: Moon adventure

Moonbase 3 (?)

Comment

Thanks Mr Finchman that sounds like the show my colleague described, I'll put it to him next time I see him.

Comment

Similar to Space 1999 a Gerry Anderson series (one of his very few series not with puppets such as Thunderbirds) starring Martin Landau & Barbara Bain. One other being UFO
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Moonbase 3 was certainly a series that tried for relative realism over the escapism of shows like UFO and Space 1999. I can remember it was promoted quite strongly at the time, but I presume viewing figures must have been disappointing as it didn't last long.

Comment

James Burke was a consultant on Moonbase 3.

I've not seen it but it sounds interesting.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Moonbase 3 is on youtube, 6 episodes.

Comment

It was rather slow compared to the higher-budgeted sci-fi shows of the time, yet I remember watching it and being disappointed when it didn't return for a second series.

Comment

Tyypical of the genre, the artificial gravity is a bit out of the credibility envelope. I agree, somewhat slow.

Comment

On Space 1999 who noticed other than me that in every episode they crashed at least one Eagle shuttle craft? I didn't notice an Eagle manufacturing plant on Moonbase Alpha so where did the replacement Eagles come from? Certainly not Earth as the moon had been blown out of orbit with the earth - Poetic license maybe lol
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Did you also note that the bit where the crew sat was modelled on the LEMs from the Apollo days?
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I didn't notice that Zabadak; I'll have to watch it again
                        sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong but it looked like it to me...

LEM

Eagle

Attached Files
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                          X