World Wise (game show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Wise (game show)

Does anybody remember a children's game show with a geographic theme called World Wise? It was produced by TVS and shown on CITV in the 1980s. I have a few episodes on videotape but there is very little about this programme on the internet.

A short clip of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H6MEmutqms

Re: World Wise (game show)

I remember it was presented by David "Kid" Jensen.

It was one of my Brother's favourite programmes, as you got to learnt about the world in a fun way.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

If anyone still comes on here, @arran I was on this programme. And I do not have a copy of it o. Video any more. If you can help at all that would be amazing. My name is Benjamin Wood. And we won a computer. If you do come on here. My email address is bob.funky04@gmail.com fingers crossed you've got my show recorded somewhere.

Comment

David "Kid" Jensen presented it, around the same time as he was doing the Nescafe sponsored (in which he also appeared one of the adverts as well) Network Chart Show between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm on Sundays for Independent Local Radio (Jensen was one of the founding presenters at Radio Trent when it started in 1975).

He sat at a controlled desk thing which moved around, I believe. TVS made the series, and I think that it was on Friday afternoons circa 1986-1987 just before Bellamy's Bugle was on - it felt more like a Granada series if one thinks of the theme of travel and flying frequently cropping up on their game shows such as Busman's Holiday, Runway, The Krypton Factor, and Flying Start. .
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Regarding copies of the video, obviously TVS no longer exists after its franchise loss, and I believe that an American company such as Disney or MTM (Mary Tyler-Moore) might have the archive now - I don't think that one would be able to get a copy of the show that way.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X