Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to choose 3 (just 3) Xmas Songs - best ever - what'd they be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to choose 3 (just 3) Xmas Songs - best ever - what'd they be?

Mine isun-disputably Kirsty McCall and the Pogues at Numberr 1 with A Fairytale Of New York

Number 2 - David Essax - Only A Winter's Tale

Number 3 John Lennon and Yoko Ono - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) probably eqaul with Cliff Richard's Mistletoe and Wine!

80sChav

Re: If you had to choose 3 (just 3) Xmas Songs - best ever - what'd they be?

1.Please come home for christmas-Don Henley
    2.Let it Snow-Dean Martin
    3,Driving Home for christmas-Chris Rea

Comment

1. December Will Be Magic Again - Kate Bush
      2. I Believe In Father Christmas - Greg Lake *
      3. Ring Out Solstice Bells - Jethro Tull

* I would have chosen that anyway...

Honourable mentions:

Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
      I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day - Wizzard
      White Christmas - Bing Crosby
      Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Dean Martin
      Step Into Christmas - Elton John
      Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

1. Pogues & Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York
        2. Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry
        3. Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas

I thought long and hard about whether I could include Queen's - "A Winter's Tale". A woefully under-rated, very sad and moving song from the "Made In Heaven" album - when you consider the circumstances and time in Freddie Mercury's life when this was written and recorded. Although it's not really necessarily a festive number, so decided to omit it from the top three.
        Last edited by Big Tim; 09-12-2016, 23:56.

Comment

1) Pogues & Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York (most unlikely Christmas song)

2) Aled Jones The Snowman

3) Greg Lake I believe in Christmas
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Greg Lake - I believe in Father Christmas
            David Essex - A Winter's Tale
            Mud - Lonely this Christmas

Comment

Fairy tale of new york
              The 80s and the best one band aid
              White christmas
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Is Kate Bush's December will be magic a Christmas song !?!

In my top three if so .

Last Christmas

That Maria Carey one ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                  Is Kate Bush's December will be magic a Christmas song !?!
                  While Bing Crosby sings White Christmas

Oh yes!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                    While Bing Crosby sings White Christmas

Oh yes!
                    I've never recovered from seeing Babooska

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tim View Post
                      1. Pogues & Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York
                      2. Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry
                      3. Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas
                      Good choices here Big Tim - though at times I get bored of Chris Rea and Riving Home For Xmas, hence why I dis-included it, though it is still a really good song mind!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                        Good choices here Big Tim - though at times I get bored of Chris Rea and Riving Home For Xmas, hence why I dis-included it, though it is still a really good song mind!

80sChav
                        I do know what you mean re: Chris Rea - this last two or three years it has been overplayed on radio, and certainly in this last week it's started to grate slightly on me - I'd probably drop it out of my top three now solely on the strength of this. It never used to be played anywhere near as much in the past (released 1988).

Comment

I remember Driving Home For Xmas wasn't played that much in the 1990s, but in 1998 was used on an advert & has been more played a lot more.

My Mum likes it as it's less "in your face" than the likes of I Wish It Would Be Xmas Every Day.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Sorry, I find this (and the rest of his oeuvre) as dull as ditch water!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              Sorry, I find this (and the rest of his oeuvre) as dull as ditch water!
                              Ba humbug ha

Comment

Working...
                              X