Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rarities

Default Rarities

Anyone got any of these?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails david-bowie-real-cool-world-instrumental-warner-bros-s.jpg  
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Default Re: Rarities

Not me.

I don't have anything ridiculously rare but my Power Strike for the Master System in the condition it's in seems to sell for a good price these days. More than it cost when it first came out. My Rainbow Islands for my Mega drive is in mint condition and I seen it on Ebay in similar condition going for 100. I'm not one of these collectors who buy the games just for the sake of buying it, I only go for games I want to play. Nintendo World Championships goes for tens of thousands of dollars when it appears on auction but AFAIK it's really a rather shitty game. Because it was used in a national competition the games have a built in timer so you can only play each of the games on it for a few minutes at a time.

One of the owners of Nintendo World Championships sent it off to the VGA to have it encased forever in plastic. They opened it up to have the cartridge and the chip board encased separately but the game is stored on an EPROM chip so exposing to light can blank the chip. That would be hilarious if the guy who spent thousands on it now has an empty EPROM chip that is now worthless.

Only games I've got that go for any value on E-Bay are
    Evil Twin Cyprien's Requiem - Sega dreamcast
    Mr Bones - Sega Saturn
    Traps and Treasure - Commodore Amiga

I am not sure if they are rarities but I had a Friday the 13th game on cassette for the C64 and a Falklands wargame on cassette for the Atari 600XL. And again on cassette Combat Lynx for the BBC Micro/Acorn Electron. The F13 game came with a capsule of fake blood.

I had Combat Lynx for my Acorn Electron, it was fun if a little tricky to control with keys, & missiles attacks seemed to come at the worst possible moment.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Combat Lynx could have used a joystick

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Combat Lynx could have used a joystick
    Yes I didn't have one though!!
    The Trickster On The Roof

I didn't have one, either. Using just the keys was difficult and I quickly became bored with it due to not being able to get far. I much preferred Gunship on the Amiga, for which I had a joystick.

the rarest gaming related thing i owned was Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn, bought in 2006 for 150 and sold this year for 250.